Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,958 times

Advertisements

Hi, What's the best hair salon in the Laguna Niguel/South Coast area for "Highlights"? Is there a salon that is always voted number 1? I tried to look on the internet for "voted best salon" and all I get is the yellow pages. I will hopefully be moving somewhere in this area by the end of this summer but visiting in April and want to get my hair done. We are looking in areas of Laguna Beach, Monarch Beach and Laguna Niguel. So a good salon in any of these areas would do. I'm 40 (like to look 30 ), so no little old lady shops please.
I moved to Texas 2.5 years ago and no one in this small town (bless their hearts) knows how to do highlights like what I had before in California. My hair is ruined . Please Help! Thanks!

Last edited by Roma; 03-19-2007 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 AM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times
JTIPTON is supposed to be where some celebs go.

http://www.jtiptonsalon.com/
ttp://orangecounty.citysearch.com/profile/610165/newport_beach_ca/jtipton_salon.html

Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 AM

Thanks Newport, I must give you to many positive rep points because I tried to give you one for the link and it wouldn't let me and said "I have to pass it around before giving you anymore points" (something like that). Anyways thanks.

Also, is the "73" also called Crown Valley Blvd? The directions said to take the 73 to get there. I'm trying to learn all these roads.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 PM

77 posts, read 632,428 times
No , Crown Valley Parkway is not the same as 73.
The 73 is a toll road the starts from the city of SJC passing Crown Valley Parkway in Laguna Niguel (after 2 miles)and ends up in NP/Costa Mesa .While Crown Valley is a road starts in Ladera Ranch passing through Mission Viejo ,Laguna Niguel ,and ends up by the Pacific Highway (1) in the Monarch Beach area in Dana Point .Crown Valley ,Niguel rd,Golden Lantern ,and El Toro are the only roads that connect sOC cities (away from SC,and SJC)to the beaches .
If you dont want to take the toll road ,you can take the 405 highway north ,then take Macarthur exit south (left),then from MacArthur take right at Birch street to ur address .

Another way is to take the Pacific Highway ,it will be a longer drive but very beautiful scenery .If ur living close to Crown Valley take Crown Valley south till you hit the pacific ,then take a right in the pacific till Jamboree ,take right in Jamboree(if u take left you will end up in Balboa Island ),then left in Bristol,and right in Birch to ur address .If u really have time that's a beautiful way to get there ,and you will see in ur way the Fashion Island ,and just left of Jamboree is the Balboa Island (one of the most beautiful spots in OC ).

Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Thank You Jenali for the directions and clearing up the "73". I know I will still get lost anyways, I always do.

And from your directions I'll take the PCH way you wrote about (the longer scenic route). I think I'll be staying in Laguna Beach anyways and I will just hop onto the PCH. Thanks Again!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 12,694 times
Default hair salons

If its not to late to tell you about a salon close to Laguna Niguel Theres
Salon Platinum In Aliso Viejo [URL="http://www.salonplatinum.com"]WWW.salonplatinum.com[/URL]

Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 PM

895 posts, read 4,247,796 times
I second wacker with Salon Platinum in Aliso Viejo. I moved here last summer and just randomly asked a woman who did her hair. She recommended a salon and they ruined my hair. I asked another woman (mother of a child in my child's class so she couldn't steer me wrong since she has to see me every day) and she recommended a stylist at Salon Platinum. The owner rents spaces to individual stylists so they all work on their own. They are all really great and funky. My stylist works through word of mouth with new clients but if you call there, they will hook you up with someone. Someone else recommended Salon Christophe located in Newport Beach and Beverly Hills (and I think Las Vegas) (Bientôt... (http://www.christophe.com - broken link)) but it was a little too rich for my blood but I saw a few women walking out of there on Friday and they looked fabulous. (PS-I live in Laguna Niguel and it takes me 8.5 minutes to get to Salon Platinum from my house off Crown Valley. They're located on Journey right off Aliso Creek Road so I would take Crown Valley to Alicia to Aliso Creek--hope that's not confusing).
Good Luck with the move!!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 10:15 AM

376 posts, read 1,505,425 times
Hi Roma

I noted on another post Salon One, but is is in Mission Viejo, 10 mintues from Laguna Niguel. Jim White is a great colorist. I often get asked where do I get my hair done.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 11,257 times
Smile looking for a very good hair and tinting shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Hi, What's the best hair salon in the Laguna Niguel/South Coast area for "Highlights"? Is there a salon that is always voted number 1? I tried to look on the internet for "voted best salon" and all I get is the yellow pages. I will hopefully be moving somewhere in this area by the end of this summer but visiting in April and want to get my hair done. We are looking in areas of Laguna Beach, Monarch Beach and Laguna Niguel. So a good salon in any of these areas would do. I'm 40 (like to look 30 ), so no little old lady shops please.
I moved to Texas 2.5 years ago and no one in this small town (bless their hearts) knows how to do highlights like what I had before in California. My hair is ruined . Please Help! Thanks!
Roma:
I, too, am looking for a good beauty shop - not too far frm where I live - San Clemente. Did you find one and could you pass this information on to me.
Thanks,
Micki

Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I like Champions in Lake Forest. Dave (the owner) always did a beautiful job on my hair, and my highlights looked very natural and nice. I couldn't afford to spend a lot on my hair all the time, but I'd visit him twice a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County