U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-12-2009, 04:34 PM

6 posts, read 21,214 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are planning on relocating to Orange County.
We want to live in a place that is central to Los Angeles and Irvine(because of job reasons).
Factors :
. reasonable city environment - shops, theatres etc
. indian grocery stores close by
. rent range : about 1500 for a 1 bedroom.
We are not particular about staying very close to the beach.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 PM

11,727 posts, read 24,425,096 times
Where in LA? Downtown?

The Cerritos/Artesia area is the center of all things Indian in SoCal and although its more or less equi-distant from downtown LA and Irvine, its not really close to either. Then again, those two locations are so far apart, there really is no place that's close to both. You can't really move anywhere in SoCal that isn't urban and close to shop, restaurants, theaters, etc.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 PM

5,112 posts, read 11,984,552 times
If you want Indian, the city for that is Artesia, but Artesia has some nice areas and some not so nice areas. Neighboring cities of Lakewood and Cerritos are nice though and offer the amenities you speak of. You may want to check La Palma as well.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Thanks esccali.
Unfortunately, I have to look for cities within Orange county.
Some places that I researched equidistant(not necessarily exact) :
Cypress,Beuna Park,Fullerton,La Habra ,La Palma,Los Alamitos,Seal Beach,Stanton

Which do you think is a good bet?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 PM

Thanks bhcompy.
Guess La Palma comes under Orange County.
Does it have some good and bad areas as well?
Great guidance, thanks so much.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM

11,727 posts, read 24,425,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maduri View Post
Thanks esccali.
Unfortunately, I have to look for cities within Orange county.
Some places that I researched equidistant(not necessarily exact) :
Cypress,Beuna Park,Fullerton,La Habra ,La Palma,Los Alamitos,Seal Beach,Stanton

Which do you think is a good bet?
Los Alamitos, Cypress, Seal Beach, and Fullerton are the nicest cities listed. Buena Park, La Habra, and La Palma are a notch down although I'm sure you can find nice areas in each. The only one I'd take completely off that list is Stanton.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:36 PM

5,112 posts, read 11,984,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Los Alamitos, Cypress, Seal Beach, and Fullerton are the nicest cities listed. Buena Park, La Habra, and La Palma are a notch down although I'm sure you can find nice areas in each. The only one I'd take completely off that list is Stanton.
Seconded, though Fullerton has some not so nice areas. Buena Park has nice and not nice areas(quick drive shows you which is which), La Habra I'm not too familiar with, and La Palma is fairly small, but has some nice areas. Stanton is not good.

For La Palma: As far as rentals go in your range, anything off La Palma or Orangethorpe would be great and generally close to shops. The nearest major shopping center is Cerritos Towne Center, which is close to the border of La Palma and Cerritos.

Anyways, why must you remain in Orange County?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:16 PM

2,498 posts, read 7,526,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post

Anyways, why must you remain in Orange County?
I was wondering that too.

Also, where specifically is the job in Los Angeles. Downtown? Century City? Woodland Hills? Sherman Oaks? Westwood?, etc.......

Los Angeles is an enormous city and we may be recommending cities really far from the job in L.A. Do you know which neighborhood/area/ or cross streets the job is in L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County