Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 AM

3 posts, read 6,737 times

Advertisements

I'm willing to rent a room. I'm a 19 year old male college student, and I need a place to stay for a month, from the beginning of July to the beginning of August. It needs to be somewhere near the Tustin foothills, where my girlfriend lives. I'm coming from Missouri by bus, so I won't have much with me, and I will be returning after the month is over because my college classes begin around the end of August, so if there's a way to stay until I need to return for college, I will pay. I will discuss the price because I don't have much, and I need to make it last. I just need a place to sleep, bathe, and do laundry. I will also need to make local calls and, if possible, use a computer to keep in touch with family. I don't know about transportation when I get there, so I may need help getting around from time to time, but that's only if the place is not close enough to my girlfriend's home.

If anyone here knows of a person I can contact by email or other means, let me know. I'm getting desperate. My girlfriend couldn't find me a place at this point, and I doubt her parents aren't going to let me stay at their big house. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM

14 posts, read 84,265 times
I'm sure there are places willing to rent a room for a month...maybe try craigslist?

And maybe if you could AFFORD it, try an Extended Stay America Suites? That is last resort of course

Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Wrot View Post
I just need a place to sleep, bathe, and do laundry. I will also need to make local calls and, if possible, use a computer to keep in touch with family. I don't know about transportation when I get there, so I may need help getting around from time to time...

Live in the house, sleep, bathe, do laundry, use their phone, use their computer, and have them tote you around in their car, all that inconvenience to the homeowner for only one month's worth of rent, AND you want a bargain rate to boot.

Son, you're a stranger asking for family privileges. Good luck with that.

HINT: Check some online sources for room rental rates in that area. You're probably going to be unpleasantly surprised by the prices. Forewarned is forearmed.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Live in the house, sleep, bathe, do laundry, use their phone, use their computer, and have them tote you around in their car, all that inconvenience to the homeowner for only one month's worth of rent, AND you want a bargain rate to boot.

Son, you're a stranger asking for family privileges. Good luck with that.

HINT: Check some online sources for room rental rates in that area. You're probably going to be unpleasantly surprised by the prices. Forewarned is forearmed.
I'm talking about $600 for rent, ok?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl4107 View Post
I'm sure there are places willing to rent a room for a month...maybe try craigslist?
Thank you person that actually attempted to help. Cragslist was helpful. I never used it before. This is the first time I've had a situation like this. I found a few places.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:20 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,209 times
Geez,

You weren't asking for much, Noble Wrot.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Wrot View Post
I'm willing to rent a room. I'm a 19 year old male college student, and I need a place to stay for a month, from the beginning of July to the beginning of August. It needs to be somewhere near the Tustin foothills, where my girlfriend lives. I'm coming from Missouri by bus, so I won't have much with me, and I will be returning after the month is over because my college classes begin around the end of August, so if there's a way to stay until I need to return for college, I will pay. I will discuss the price because I don't have much, and I need to make it last. I just need a place to sleep, bathe, and do laundry. I will also need to make local calls and, if possible, use a computer to keep in touch with family. I don't know about transportation when I get there, so I may need help getting around from time to time, but that's only if the place is not close enough to my girlfriend's home.

If anyone here knows of a person I can contact by email or other means, let me know. I'm getting desperate. My girlfriend couldn't find me a place at this point, and I doubt her parents aren't going to let me stay at their big house. Thank you.
let me guess....you found your gf on line...huh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County