Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:30 PM

32 posts, read 159,344 times

Advertisements

that's a long time away...yucky. But I suppose my goal was to get to OC when I graduate college...in 2004. Now I'm finally going next month... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 04:03 PM

395 posts, read 1,717,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
nevercoldcall,

That's great to hear you love the OC. I will be there in less then a week looking at homes in our price range. (seeing what you get for the money) I can't wait.
We won't be buying right this second because we have to sell our home in Texas first but hopefully soon.
It is so comforting to hear so many good comment about O.C. I think, for young people, it is the greatest. But for an old f--t native Ca. like me, it is time to move on. O.C. is too crowd with too many cars and too many anti socials. The days of leaving your doors to your home and car are long gone. U all can vist me in Alaska.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:05 AM

253 posts, read 376,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMFEB31 View Post
U all can vist me in Alaska.
Alaska? Now THAT sounds anti social!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
People were very friendly and seemed very outgoing (which I like).
This is what has impressed us most with the area. We can't even believe how friendly and outgoing everyone is, and how eager people are to make friends with us. I'm from NJ, she's from NY, we lived in Phoenix the past few years, and we're just thrilled at how friendly people are. We're at someone's house at least a few nights a week barbecuing or just hanging out, and we've only been here 2 months!!! That *NEVER* happened even once in 7 years of living in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona where people are VERY snooty and introverted.
Quote:
But what I found out, only after staying there, is I really liked the Newport Coast/Crystal Cove/Newport Beach area. I can't afford what I want in that area but it was what I would call a perfect spot for my husband and I. We just need a couple more million dollars of which we don't have. LOL.
Same here. We are in Newport Coast, right near the Pavilions shopping center at Newport Coast Dr and San Joaquin Hills Rd and LOVE IT!!!! It's a great neighborhood and the neighbors and community are just awesome. But I agree, we're in a house worth just under a million, and our dream is to be in Crystal Cove, or even better in Pelican Point where Nicholas Cage lives

We looked at a lot of other areas that would have saved us a few bucks over Newport Coast, but now that we're here we're so happy that we went for it and moved here. We feel that if we moved to any community other than Newport Coast that we'd be missing out. And the friendliness of the area can't be beat. We've heard that there is some snobbiness in parts of Newport Beach, but not in Newport Coast. And for the record we haven't run into it anywhere in the area.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:11 PM

395 posts, read 1,717,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercoldcall View Post
This is what has impressed us most with the area. We can't even believe how friendly and outgoing everyone is, and how eager people are to make friends with us. I'm from NJ, she's from NY, we lived in Phoenix the past few years, and we're just thrilled at how friendly people are. We're at someone's house at least a few nights a week barbecuing or just hanging out, and we've only been here 2 months!!! That *NEVER* happened even once in 7 years of living in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona where people are VERY snooty and introverted.

Same here. We are in Newport Coast, right near the Pavilions shopping center at Newport Coast Dr and San Joaquin Hills Rd and LOVE IT!!!! It's a great neighborhood and the neighbors and community are just awesome. But I agree, we're in a house worth just under a million, and our dream is to be in Crystal Cove, or even better in Pelican Point where Nicholas Cage lives

We looked at a lot of other areas that would have saved us a few bucks over Newport Coast, but now that we're here we're so happy that we went for it and moved here. We feel that if we moved to any community other than Newport Coast that we'd be missing out. And the friendliness of the area can't be beat. We've heard that there is some snobbiness in parts of Newport Beach, but not in Newport Coast. And for the record we haven't run into it anywhere in the area.
Gee, Nevercold" Actually, until U've met the people in Alaska, U may never know what the words outgoing and friendly mean. Up there, they seem most helpful and straightfoward even to strangers. Many of the people there treat U like a long lost friend or part of their family. They seem to have less pretenses. I been up that direction 4 times and some of the worse offenders were from the lower 48s. I've lived in O.C since the 50s and I've seen it changed. Sure, we have about the best climate in the in the states. And, yes, the jobs are here as well as the diverse attractions. But, it seems, the almighty bucks have changed the character of this area. Yes, I will miss what O.C. have to offer. But I will not miss the traffic, the crime, the friendly neighborly waves as they zoom by to name a few. Of course, some situation can be self created. And, no we are not planning to be hermits

Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM

What traffic and crime? Those two things are non-existent in Newport, especially for me because I came from Phoenix where crime is rampant and traffic is possibly even worse than LA.

Everything is a give and take. To me, Chicago is the friendliest place I've been, and I'd love to live there, but not with the bitter cold winters they have.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 PM

59 posts, read 428,785 times
Quote:
I hear ya. Location is were the value is in any Real Estate. I moved from Calif 2.5 years ago and we are moving back. I just don't know the area and what we will get for our money (price range). I'm from Ventura County and Orange County is all new to me. There are so many cities in the OC with homes with ocean views, that I'm sure we will find one. Just 2 more days till I'm there! Ya!
Gosh darnit, can we stop putting a "the" before "OC"? "The OC" has been canceled, and it's been well-documented that the TV show invented the term. C'mon, people!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
New Bob’s Big Boy among 5 planned for O.C. - Fast Food Maven - OCRegister.com

Old 06-19-2009, 12:36 PM

3 posts, read 13,467 times
Default breath of fresh air!

Thanks for your post! I was getting tired of all the "dont move here" posts. I am planning a move to the area as well. We are very worried and I am planning only 1 three day trip there before the move, to feel things out. I am a Realtor and I am so worried about the market there. Everyone says that the housing market is still in free-fall and CNN wont stop saying that California is headed for Bankruptcy.

Any personal insight is appreciated and needed...

Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM

9,860 posts, read 7,732,644 times
OC is beautiful, but very expensive. Most real estate agents do not make a living wage according to news reports. I don't know how you and your wife could drum up enough business to support your family in a new state. No one is looking for a Realtor or insurance agent, they are everywhere.

People are getting foreclosed on and moving in together with other family members or leaving the state. People are losing good paying jobs. Some landlords are unable to make their mortgage payments and their rental properties are being foreclosed on - so be careful who you lease from.

Read the Orange County Register online to keep up with the real estate trends. It doesn't look promising. We left last year and our remaining family members and friends are struggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County