Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the BEST Real Estate brokerage in OC!
RE/MAX 2 40.00%
First Team 1 20.00%
Prudential 1 20.00%
I would'nt use an agent, I'm buying a For Sale By Owner sign. 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM

23 posts, read 61,721 times

Advertisements

I am planning a trip to OC and eventually a permanent move to the area. (I know its offensive to use cutesy terms like THE OC or Cali so I apologize in advance).

I am a Realtor and I need to find out who is the best company to work for in OC. I would be interested in finding out what your experience has been with an agent or brokerage YOU hired to help you BUY or SELL in OC.

I currently work for the hot air balloon ppl and I hope to remain with the balloon ppl. but I am not tied down to anyone in particular. Your thoughts feeling and insight is definitely welcome and appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 02:13 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
It really depends on which individual realtor/agent you get. There is no real difference between the companies. The difference is in the individual people.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
even if you get a job, good luck making any money. competition among the local realtors here is crazy. i'm not sure how if an outsider who is not completely familiar with the market will stand a chance.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Prudential for the win!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM

23 posts, read 61,721 times
Default Agents with talent can make money in any market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
even if you get a job, good luck making any money. competition among the local realtors here is crazy. i'm not sure how if an outsider who is not completely familiar with the market will stand a chance.
Even though I will be totally unfamiliar with my surroundings I will make money.

I consider myself to be a talented Realtor/Salesperson. My techniques in marketing have brought me to the upper echelon in New Orleans Real Estate.

I am a very quick learner and it doesn't take a professor to learn the areas. I swear people act like I'm moving to Russia. I DO speak English and last time I checked California is still the United States. California is ground zero in the mortgage meltdown and I am definitely up to the challenge! I could sell your clothes right off your back w/o you knowing and by the time you figure it out I'm speeding off in my 1967 Austin Healey with your wife 007 Style!!

The purpose for the initial question was to feel the pulse of the residents in OC. I want to make sure that whatever company I decide to be affiliated with is the right one.

I will agree that the agent brings so much to the table that the company is little important in some cases but, I have been in listing appointments where the only reason was because of RE/MAX. I just want to feel the sentiment of THE PEOPLE!

So, give me your opinion of which company and why....

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlowPartyofsix View Post
I am a very quick learner and it doesn't take a professor to learn the areas. I swear people act like I'm moving to Russia. I DO speak English and last time I checked California is still the United States. California is ground zero in the mortgage meltdown and I am definitely up to the challenge! I could sell your clothes right off your back w/o you knowing and by the time you figure it out I'm speeding off in my 1967 Austin Healey with your wife 007 Style!!
Your Jedi mind tricks are useless on me but thanks for trying. Speaking only English is going to be a handicap here unless you only work south of the 55. Do you have any idea how many real estate agents think they're God's gift to selling? You think you're special?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:31 PM

266 posts, read 1,002,460 times
Quote:
Even though I will be totally unfamiliar with my surroundings I will make money.

I consider myself to be a talented Realtor/Salesperson. My techniques in marketing have brought me to the upper echelon in New Orleans Real Estate.

The purpose for the initial question was to feel the pulse of the residents in OC. I want to make sure that whatever company I decide to be affiliated with is the right one.

I will agree that the agent brings so much to the table that the company is little important in some cases but, I have been in listing appointments where the only reason was because of RE/MAX. I just want to feel the sentiment of THE PEOPLE!

If you are that good, then why do you need our opinion? You seem like you have everything covered?

Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times
Default Pride comes before the fall...

Wow!! You have quite a cocky, haughty attitude about yourself don't you. I actually thought you were a very confident perhaps successful person until you threw in the part about stealing someone's wife!! Be careful my friend don't you know that pride comes before the fall???

Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,318,493 times
Quote:

Wow, where to begin? In one of my former lives I worked with about 35 Real Estate Brokerages around the country, 7-8 of which were in CA.

I must say that your first sentence, in red at the top of my post, unfortunately typifies my experience with too many realtors.

Isn't a realtor supposed to be a knowledgeable, helpful person? Maybe if there were fewer ill-informed moneychasers shoe-horning people into homes a few years ago, we wouldn't have a "ground zero for the mortgage meltdown."

The second sentence highlighted above - - well, I hope your interviews test you for emoticon proficiency instead of integrity.

In short, to answer your question, I think you should obviously go with companies that do not drug test. But seriously, based upon your showing here thus far, you will be shredded by CA realtors. And don't go to NY/NJ, FL, or any other major market until you learn that your job is to have an encyclopedic knowlede of your market, and your job is to HELP people.

P.S.: 007 never drove an Austin-Healey.

Last edited by Pfhtex; 06-25-2009 at 12:44 AM..

Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Wow!! You have quite a cocky, haughty attitude about yourself don't you. I actually thought you were a very confident perhaps successful person until you threw in the part about stealing someone's wife!! Be careful my friend don't you know that pride comes before the fall???
Sounds like he'll fit in just fine in OC in the leased BMW 745 and rented house in Newport Coast. Gotta impress everyone, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
View detailed profiles of: