U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 AM

674 posts, read 1,410,204 times

Advertisements

... lol!

Michael Jackson and I were very close (not really)
Adventures in Barrywood: Writer recalls the night that the pop star kind of spoke to him.

Michael Jackson and I were very close (not really) | michael, journalists, didn, backstage, jackson - Entertainment - OCRegister.com

It is quite amazing how many "close friends" Jackson suddenly has when he's in the morgue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,681,510 times
That made me smile. Thanks for posting it.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 3,660,066 times
Default Michael Jackson, too young to die...

They can say what they want about Michael but I thought he was one of the most talented and brilliant entertainers of all time. He just got started in life with a miserable childhood and suffered with a poor image because of it. It is really too bad.. he had so much talent. It saddens me that he was so young... We will always remember him.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM

10 posts, read 20,131 times
I agree, musically he had great talent. But people seem to conveniently forget the fact that he avoided being convicted of child molestation charges because some money-hungry mother placed financial gain over the sexual and bodily safety of her child (and the media jumped on this). Ask yourself, would you have let your kid "sleep over" at Michael Jackson's pad? Probably not.

On my list of character traits I admire in men, I think a grown man not being obsessed with sleeping with little kids is probably a lot more important to me than being able to dance and sing. But to each his own.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:23 PM

He too feel he was really very unique, and very, very talented and perhaps didn't give more than a fraction of that talent to the world. An american icon, truly.

I feel sad that even in death the press can't spare him some moments of dignity and gratitude for his contributions to his industry, to society. Every human has good and bad sides, but they seem to only try to always find the bad. His body is not even cold, and they are like vultures on his memory and write and digg into everything to degrade and humiliate the guy and sell their vulture press. Past is past and he's gone. We don't know whether anything was true, or he was a target of golddiggers.

No wonder he wanted to escape life and reality with drugs... I think he was a very sensitive person, and damaged from an isolated upbringing. Just imagine how shattered one would feel if you had constant news reports about yourself, portrayed in the most negative and ugly manner all the time with derision and hate. Even smaller things can destroy a person in life. The press is vicious.

He really went too soon. Its sad. Show some love.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM

6,325 posts, read 6,683,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
He too feel he was really very unique, and very, very talented and perhaps didn't give more than a fraction of that talent to the world. An american icon, truly.
I feel sad that even in death the press can't spare him some moments of dignity and gratitude for his contributions to his industry, to society. Every human has good and bad sides, but they seem to only try to always find the bad. His body is not even cold, and they are like vultures on his memory and write and digg into everything to degrade and humiliate the guy and sell their vulture press. Past is past and he's gone. We don't know whether anything was true, or he was a target of golddiggers.

No wonder he wanted to escape life and reality with drugs... I think he was a very sensitive person, and damaged from an isolated upbringing. Just imagine how shattered one would feel if you had constant news reports about yourself, portrayed in the most negative and ugly manner all the time with derision and hate. Even smaller things can destroy a person in life. The press is vicious.

He really went too soon. Its sad. Show some love.
An icon? Well maybe. I only wish the soldiers, the true heroes who have died for this country received just a fraction of the publicity Jackson did. Shows how screwed up our society really is. Truly sad.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Yeah, I'm going to applaud a guy because he turned to drugs because he couldn't deal with his issues. I'll give him props because of his music, but his character has much to be left desired.

VLWH is right on, we have soldiers who put themselves in harm's way everyday and deal with the pain of long deployments. These guys' and lades are the real compelling stories. But trust the media and entertainment to hold musical talent and a propensity for drama as higher values than selfless service and courage.

So at night while you'll falling asleep to the music of a dude who loved to sleep with little kids, I think I'll say a prayer to our soldiers who keep us safe at night. I'm not religious though, so I'll probably end up listening to Rise Against or Hollywood Undead.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
An icon? Well maybe. I only wish the soldiers, the true heroes who have died for this country received just a fraction of the publicity Jackson did. Shows how screwed up our society really is. Truly sad.

Really does show how screwed up it is, if people find heroism in people sent to murder an innocent people, under the pretext that they were responsible for terrorism, when Iraq was one of the few countries in the middle east that was totally anti-terrorist...
How did they "die" for this country? Iraq had done nothing against the U.S. at all. They didn't attack, or threaten this country. So how do you see these poor young kids "die for this country"?

Don't blame the people for not knowing whether to honor their soldiers or not. Blame George the a**hole Bush, who sent all those young kids to die or be mutilated for his phony oil war - his greed and lies to make himself more rich under the 16 year total tennure senior and junior served to exploit their own country and suck it dry.
The American people were victims (and look at the country now, with this economy) and the soldiers were victims too and slaughtered for nothing. Many were so young, naive and believed in national pride and that they were providing justice and safety while they were simply being exploited.

Impeach Bush. Don't let him get away with his war crimes. No other leader gets away with war crimes against humanity. Demand all that money he and his gangsters took for themselves over those years (that includes his moron father), to be returned to the american people.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM

58 posts, read 104,092 times
Worshipping a sex offender. Only in California!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM

Antibes, pick up a high school textbook, and look up the definition for "impeach."

Absent a constitutional amendment, I highly doubt Congress would be able to impeach a president after he's left office. I agree with you, the situation in Iraq is deplorable. But we should also get out of Afghanistan. We have less control in Afghanistan, then we do in Iraq; and America's sons and daughters are shedding their blood their everyday...for honestly, I couldn't tell you. Its a shame that the media has stopped publishing stories about soldier deaths and basically about the war(s) in general ever since Bush left office.

In my opinion, the whole system is broke. Impeach both of them, meaning Bush and Obama (assuming you can impeach someone once they're out of office). If you want to try them for crimes against humanity, I doubt the U.S. will ever submit to the ICJ (International Court of Justice). You could make an argument for high crimes and misdemeanors, but presidents generally have immunity for their judgments (or in these cases, the lack thereof). Welcome to the 21st century buddy. We started this century with the two biggest idiots in American leadership, both ridiculously of touch with reality and America. Bush and Obama are like a 1-2 combo. Bush's policies worked to hurt America externally while Obama is effectively destroying America internally. But most people don't really care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County