Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM

30,702 posts, read 79,379,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
Leave one large mans shoe on your porch (looks like a big guy is home, two large shoes and someone might take them)

ha ha ha I love your sense of humor - - - - and realism.

And hey - I hate to see that Minnie and McFadden is such a ghetto area, I used to live there in 1964 - 1965 when just out of high school. Mostly just alot of people who wanted to party, but not drugs, gangs etc. Just young peole with not much money for rent back then. Heck, sometimes we would go around to find pop bottles that we could turn in for enough money to get mac and cheese and a pack of kool-aid, and save the rest for beer.
The same concept still applies, now they go around to find stereos, televisions and laptops that they can turn i to get mac and cheese and cigarrettes and save the rest for coke (or whatever white powdery substance they use there. Minnie street is really bad. It is pretty much the worst part of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 PM

342 posts, read 1,422,901 times
I have wondered how it got so out of control there? I suppose that it may have been a lower class area (the apartments) but I don't remember the houses on Standard Ave. We actually lived on Standard Ave but it is all the same group of apartments. Altho, I know that we had many of the 1 bedroom apartments here with cheap rent and probably subsidized housing - and the whole area looked like crap. They finally tore some of them down. I would hate to be a good, law abiding citizen but forced to live there because of low income and have to live amongst that environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County