Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 08:38 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm here in Newport Beach staying for a couple of days looking at homes in the South OC area.
All I can say is WOW!!!! What a beautiful place this whole area is. You guys living here are so lucky.
I'm looking out my hotel window right now at the Newport Bay. Lots of Vegetation and flowers. This whole area is clean and pristine. The weather is perfect.
Went shopping yesterday at Fashion Island and picked up a nice handbag (you girls know the one).
Went to Balboa Island. It is so nice and quaint (I would love a home there).
My Realtor took me to look at homes also yesterday with ocean views. We looked in Laguna Beach (an experience unto its self), Laguna Niguel and Dana point so far. (Have more to look at today after I get my hair done) (thanks Newportbeachsmostwanted for the name of a salon).
I love it. We will be moving to this area. Not sure what city but I also would love to live in Newport if we could find a ocean view home in our price range.
I also went shopping at Traders Joe's (Crystal Cove) to pick up some snack food while I'm staying in a hotel here. (I miss Traders Joe's).
I don't want to go home tomorrow. For you guys living here, I'm sure you know what you got. Enjoy it.

Thanks everyone for your help before my trip,

Roma

Last edited by Roma; 04-19-2007 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 01:33 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Yeah, its great unless you make less than a quarter million a year.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:59 PM

77 posts, read 632,667 times

I'm so happy for you ,hope your move will be a smooth one.I sure can relate to how you feel,5yrs ago we moved to sOC from Az ,I was so happy and it doesn't take me but few days to feel home here ,it was a strange feeling considering that I am new in the USA ,but I just felt home (probably more home than I felt in my own country).Believe it or not ,it even affects my personality and social life in a positive way .

Now after 5yrs in Laguna ,I know this is the place I will always call home even if I(god forbid)have to move out of here.Loving one's own place(city,country,area)makes life way more easier.I am so glad that u like it here .

Good luck with everything

Old 04-20-2007, 12:19 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
where are you from orininally? If from outside the US could you look at my thread 'europeans in OC??

Thanks

Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 AM

989 posts, read 5,925,394 times
Ian6479- Sorry, I believe Roma is from Texas.

Roma- That's great! I'm positive that you'll love living here even more. You sound like such a nice person! Congrats on your visit..

Old 04-20-2007, 07:40 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Thanks Jenali and newportbeachsmostwanted!

I leave today, back to Texas. (I don't want to go home).
I could live right here in this hotel room. My view is wonderful.
I will be back though. (hopefully permanently).
I can definitely see myself living here. I felt right at home. Everything I like to do and see is all at my fingertips. All I can say is WOW! and to describe it would be to say PRISTINE! After seeing the area, the HIGH housing prices do make sense. To me it is well worth it. (I just wish I had more money for even a nicer home with a view). That would be perfect. I can dream.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:18 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,198 times
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

I love Newport too...It's a great place to bike through...ahhh, I'm so there!

I know I'd fit in better in Huntington B. or Laguna B. or San Clemente though...

Can't wait to hear more!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 PM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Roma,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in the O.C. while you were out here visiting So Cal. I could tell from your post that you truly felt that you've come home and since you've been away in Texas and realized what you've missed, then that means that this IS home for you, and you're meant to be here.

Even though I don't live in the O.C., I can truly and honestly say that I enjoy and appreciate living here in SoCal, and I know you and your husband will as well, once you've moved back here. Hope you come back (permanently) really soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County