U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 AM

75 posts, read 67,889 times

Advertisements

I lived in Irvine while going to UCI and then moved to PA for graduate school. Me and my wife are thinking of moving back to OC shortly and are looking for affordable but nice locations in OC. Although Irvine is pretty nice, its a bit pricey. When I lived in OC I never really went outside of Irvine much, so I'm only vaguely familiar with the various areas. We are definitely more interested in south OC though. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 07:21 AM

989 posts, read 5,420,011 times
These are areas I recommend in SC as affordable and nice: Lake Forest, Rancho Santa Margarita, Mission Viejo, and San Clemente. Huntington Beach is not in South County but is actually very nice and has some affordable finds. Typically, Huntington Beach is cooler as supposed to the cities listed above. On the other hand, those cities are further away from the riff raff and LA oversprawl craziness. It's a trade-off.

Something to take into consideration, is commute time. I'm not sure where you plan on working, but most of the jobs are in/around Irvine. Getting to Irvine from HB can be a royal pain on the 405, but if you lived in Rancho Santa Margarita you could take the 241-133 tolls. -Time-saver and stress-saver.

RSM is a new community and some people move solely because get more bang for their buck, but it is still very nice. Just a bit more secluded and peaceful. It's surrounded by some of the most lavish homes in Orange County. They sit behind gates in Dove Canyon and Coto De Caza. Private lakes.. 6,000 foot homes.. 5 acres.. you name it. The wealthy wouldn't choose this quiet corner for no reason at all.

With beauty like this, who could resist?

http://www.doveneighborhood.com/images/communities/dove/photoalbum/southeast%20Dove/golfer1.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by newportbeachsmostwanted; 04-24-2007 at 07:31 AM..

Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 PM

3,853 posts, read 11,662,108 times
So what exactly is your budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County