Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,351 times

Advertisements

it is not the citizens fault for potholes or things the city needs to provide for the residents. i have been living in anaheim for 23 years and ive lived next to every race around the globe. its is not where you are from but how you are brought up and how much respect you have towards your neighborhood. Anyway i feel the city is not distributing their services accordingly. The residents of this city must and will be taken into consideration. we need to really see why people are how they are and how the city, whose jobs are paid for by us the taxpayers are working to really make neighborhood safe and progressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 02:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,561 times
Default Looking to move into a safe neighborhood closer to hubby's new job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
ROFL the same thing happens in my neighborhood. Instead I live next to the 22 freeway in Garden grove, near Santa Ana. The neighborhood used to be good until the new residents started moving in. Mostly construction worker types. What they do is one legal guy will buy the house and move in all his buddies (yes - all sixteen of them!). The house next door used to be a good Asian guy who always maintain house very good and respects his neighbors. He sold the house and the new people who moved in think they are still in Mexico. They have a Mexican flag outside flying near their house. The garage has been converted into a bedroom/work shop. They run a small construction business from their house and sometimes you see the front lawn covered in small construction projects (like painting cabinet doors). The street is now flooded with junk cars. I cannot see when I am trying to exit my driveway to go to work - they park that close! The house across the street is a little better in terms of cars. They drive nice Lexus and Mercedes. However they too are bad. They run a successful gun and drug selling business. The cops raid their house every couple months and I see them arrest several people. It is such a disgrace considering that the house we have is worth in the 600k range. I think if many people realized what they were moving into they would think twice before coming here. In other states 600k gets you a nice house in a very exclusive neighborhood. In CA, for 600k you get gang shootings, drug dealers, and illegal immigrants. Who wants to deal with that non sense for the amount of money you are spending?
Thank you for this information, it was very helpful. I really don't want to come to the Anaheim area period but hubby's tired of driving 140 miles round trip to his job most days that he don't stay out there. My family is mixed and yes race in neighborhoods are a big concern for me. He's a Hispanic immigrant that has no problem living with his own people, my son's mixed and I'm black. I will admit that I've had a lot of bad experiences with Hispanics so no I don't want to move to neighborhoods full of them and only one type of people. We currently live in San Bernardino right now and he's tired of the drive to Santa Ana everyday and at his new job he's doing a lot of overtime. I really want to get a job too so we don't have to function on one income and go through this worrying about where to move to. He doesn't want to pay what we pay for our mortgage at an apartment. I tell him all the time that we will not likely find many 2 bedrooms for $1,000. I would prefer to move back to Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Clairmont or something like that. I don't know enough about Anaheim to feel comfortable living there. Anymore suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Old 07-30-2014, 01:46 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,486,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwgem27 View Post
Thank you for this information, it was very helpful. I really don't want to come to the Anaheim area period but hubby's tired of driving 140 miles round trip to his job most days that he don't stay out there. My family is mixed and yes race in neighborhoods are a big concern for me. He's a Hispanic immigrant that has no problem living with his own people, my son's mixed and I'm black. I will admit that I've had a lot of bad experiences with Hispanics so no I don't want to move to neighborhoods full of them and only one type of people. We currently live in San Bernardino right now and he's tired of the drive to Santa Ana everyday and at his new job he's doing a lot of overtime. I really want to get a job too so we don't have to function on one income and go through this worrying about where to move to. He doesn't want to pay what we pay for our mortgage at an apartment. I tell him all the time that we will not likely find many 2 bedrooms for $1,000. I would prefer to move back to Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Clairmont or something like that. I don't know enough about Anaheim to feel comfortable living there. Anymore suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
I don't see how a mixed race couple would have any problems in Anaheim. Well, it might depend on the part of Anaheim you live in, but on my street alone there are people from all over (from Koreans to Latinos to East Africans and Middle Easterners), and there is no racial tension as far as I know. If anything I've witnessed (at the local Arab market) employees speak in Spanish to one with the other one responding in Arabic. I'm not sure how they understood each other, but I guess they manage. My point though is that you shouldn't have any issues in Anaheim, at least not based on your race.

...and there's NO WAY you will find a 2 bedroom for $1000 anywhere in O.C. (not even in Stanton), not unless it is affordable housing, and even then I would expect a wait time of at least a year. When it comes to rent Anaheim, Stanton, Garden Grove and Santa Ana are the most 'affordable' (if you accept some deplorable conditions), but even then, minimum $1200 for a 2 bedroom in the worst areas (which I'm sure are still better than anything in San Bernardino, TBH)

Good luck

Old 07-30-2014, 05:10 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
I don't see how a mixed race couple would have any problems in Anaheim. Well, it might depend on the part of Anaheim you live in, but on my street alone there are people from all over (from Koreans to Latinos to East Africans and Middle Easterners), and there is no racial tension as far as I know. If anything I've witnessed (at the local Arab market) employees speak in Spanish to one with the other one responding in Arabic. I'm not sure how they understood each other, but I guess they manage. My point though is that you shouldn't have any issues in Anaheim, at least not based on your race.

...and there's NO WAY you will find a 2 bedroom for $1000 anywhere in O.C. (not even in Stanton), not unless it is affordable housing, and even then I would expect a wait time of at least a year. When it comes to rent Anaheim, Stanton, Garden Grove and Santa Ana are the most 'affordable' (if you accept some deplorable conditions), but even then, minimum $1200 for a 2 bedroom in the worst areas (which I'm sure are still better than anything in San Bernardino, TBH)

Good luck
the landlord just sent us notice that effective September, our rent on the 2-bedroom unit will be $1,650.00 and the apartment is located beside a park, preschool and elementary school, Walmart, central Anaheim post office

Old 07-30-2014, 05:17 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwgem27 View Post
Stay away from Anaheim and Santa Ana then, tons of Hispanics here. They are the majority.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 PM

18 posts, read 21,065 times
You are right, Anaheim changes drastically between blocks.
Get a gated community. THere are some really nice and some really nasty places in Anaheim. Generally, bad areas tend to be unkempt. I never rent in any place where I see broke down cars on the street or people hanging out on the street. Do not rent in areas that accept low income housing or Section 8.
What is your budget?
On a general scale, you get what you paid for in Anaheim.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,568 times
i would rather be homeless in albuquerque than stay one night in anaheim...i'm so sorry about your situation

Old 11-23-2017, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 711 times
Ok, I've lived and worked in Anaheim most of my adult life and frankly I love this city. Sure, I'm a minority being white, you can see that just going to a park or when you drop you kids off at school. But I have to say, I find the Mexicans around here to be far more family oriented and no matter how difficult life is for them they are ALWAYS happy! Everyone's right about specific neighborhoods, there's many times I feel like I'm driving through Tijuana but I certainly don't live in fear.
And now, I see homeless people on EVERY off ramp around my house and not once have I seen a Mexican panhandling. I do see them out selling flowers or fruit trying to EARN a buck where us white people would rather sit on a off ramp and beg for money. I don't know how much they get but it can't be more than working at McDonalds can it?
I've owned my home in East Anaheim for 20 years now and I'm about a block from the Santa Ana River that borders Orange. I happen to live in a neighborhood that's almost all white and everyone keeps to themselves, and that pisses me off. I don't blame Mexicans for not assimilating because there's nothing really to assimilate too.
But that's just my opinion.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:33 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,759 times
Just curious Big2017.

What was Anaheim like in the 60s? like 90% white? I'm old enough to remember news stories in the midwest media about Anaheim's tremendous growth, etc. in the late 60s, 70s.

When I finally visited Anaheim (and most of north OC) in the late '90s, I was totally shocked that it wasn't a newer, well kept town like Irvine is now. Same for Costa Mesa and many other towns in that area. I honestly felt out of place there.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:45 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaily View Post
They are one of the driving forces of the economy, if there was no work for them here they wouldn't be here. And they have no business here because they are poor? Oh please, the majority of people that came to the US were poor and yet its the most powerful country in the world. If you want to hate mexicans and discriminate against the poor, then maybe America isn't for you. You should think about moving back to whatever backwater your parents come from.
So you would be OK with a neighborhood situation described? urinating outside, renting out all rooms, trashy cars on the street, loud music? I have a hunch you don't live in a neighborhood like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County