U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 AM

12 posts, read 20,211 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be coming to Orange County in mid October for my birthday and to scoup out areas to live. We are looking at Irvine, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach and Laguna areas. We would like to stay on the beach with great areas to run. Was thinking Newport or Laguna Beach would be fun. We will also be spending some to in the San Diego area, specifically Encinitas and Carlsbad. I appreciate any suggestions. Also any fun events or special things in October to see. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:50 AM

2,498 posts, read 7,597,890 times
Well, it would probably be nice to know a budget of what you want to spend per night. There are some pretty expensive hotels on the coast in Orange County, but they are beautiful.

IMO the best resorts are the Montage in Laguna Beach followed by the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel in Dana Point, both beachfront. Not inexpensive though.

For a bargain place, the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel on Balboa in Newport Beach is popular for its price. It is just a few blocks from the beach (the whole peninsula is only like 8 blocks wide, water on each side).

Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 PM

5,112 posts, read 12,131,436 times
Huntington Beach has some very nice hotels right on PCH near Main.

If you want something a little slower paced, you can rent a bungalow at Crystal Cove State Park/Beach right on the sand. The state rents them through their website and October is a slower season so there may be vacancies

Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 PM

142 posts, read 299,018 times
Hotel Seven4One in Laguna, outstanding!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM

15,819 posts, read 32,471,367 times
Hotel Laguna is neat.

There is a small hotel right on the boardwalk in Balboa villiage(Newport Beach). I cannot remember the name. It was once owned by a basketball player who had the door header raised and an extra long bed installed for him and his friends. It is nice because it is right smack dab i the middle of the beach action. There is a pool that belongs to the hotel across the boardwalk. It is nothing fancy, but it is fun place to stay.

To find it take the ferry from Balboa Island and drive straight until the buildings end. Look on your right. THat is the hotel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County