Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:11 PM

8 posts, read 59,209 times

Advertisements

Anyone rented or visited this place? It looks like exactly what my wife and I are looking for -- close to my work, close to groceries and restaurants, not outrageously expensive, allows cats... It's owned by Shea, if that means anything to anyone...

http://www.sheaapartments.com/main.c...y&propertyid=9

Thoughts appreciated! We're even considering renting online sight unseen if we can get a good deal on a unit in a good location (facing out, away from the parking garage). Tough to pick a place from 3000 miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 12:33 AM

38,880 posts, read 22,864,124 times
Default City Lights in Aliso Viejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebike View Post
Anyone rented or visited this place? It looks like exactly what my wife and I are looking for -- close to my work, close to groceries and restaurants, not outrageously expensive, allows cats... It's owned by Shea, if that means anything to anyone...

http://www.sheaapartments.com/main.c...y&propertyid=9

Thoughts appreciated! We're even considering renting online sight unseen if we can get a good deal on a unit in a good location (facing out, away from the parking garage). Tough to pick a place from 3000 miles away.
I've never lived there, but worked with a lady who did (she has since moved to San Diego), and I went there with another co-worker one night a few summers ago to watch a movie in the in-house movie theater available to the residents and their guests.

From what I've seen of this place, it's rather nicely appointed and kept up very nicely. I saw that they also had a nice pool with a Jacuzzi next to it, and right across the way was a fitness center with all kinds of exercise equipment (weights, stationary bicycles, etc.).

It's also next door to a very nice shopping area (I think it's the Aliso Viejo Towne Center), which is within easy walking distance. That entire area is quite nice and clean, and I'm sure you'll enjoy living there. Good luck!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 PM

8 posts, read 59,209 times
Thanks -- that's very helpful! Seems like it's hard to go too far wrong with a newer development in AV. Anyone else know the place?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 8,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebike View Post

Shea Apartment Communities - Northern California Apartment Communities and Southern California Apartment Communities.

Love it, love it love it!!! Am moving in at end of this month, can't wait.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:41 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times
That is the prime location in Aliso Viejo. All the shops are literally right there at your doorstep. In a five minute walk you can watch a movie, go grocery shopping, go grab a bite to eat, and buy a book. The city library and many jobs are right across the street also. Aliso Viejo is a spotless city and very nice. It is set on a hill and is a good safe place to live.
City of Aliso Viejo This link has the stores in the Aliso Viejo Town Center which are right nest to the apartments.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM

376 posts, read 1,505,718 times
Great location, nice amentities and the residents really like it and keep it updated, etc.
The town center can get a little busy with teenagers but it is great that it is walking distance to home.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 AM

4 posts, read 19,460 times
Are you allowed to have small dogs here? It looks beautiful, and I have a 2-lb. Yorkie, very well-behaved. Not a yapper & totally housetrained. The info on Rent.com was confusing on the pet policy. If they allow small dogs, please Private Message me to let me know!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM

7 posts, read 21,418 times
It seems as thought EVERY apartment I reseach in the OC has bad reviews. I don't know if its because those people love to complain or if it really is that bad!?!?! The City Lights at Town Center "look" nice but there are many complaints. And it is just not this apartment, but literally every apartment I have looked at there seems to be horrible reviews. I am a single female in mid-20's moving from Chicago and want to live somewhere that is nice, safe and is accessible for road biking or just outdoor activities. Any suggestions? Has anyone actually lived at City Lights?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:13 PM

10 posts, read 28,153 times
I am moving from Boston to Orange County, and also have the same research problem. I have toured several places that I liked, and then I'll research online and see HORRIBLE reviews. Every place I look up that I either like in person or online based on amenities and pictures, seems to have a terrible review.

I'm to the point where I'm just not going to read any more reviews and just hopefully get lucky. The places cannot be as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. You sometimes have to take those online reviews with a grain of salt, as some people are very biased or may have had 1 bad experience and then exaggerate.

Good luck.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,857,850 times
Just a word of caution. People only leave online reviews when they are outraged. You won't see great reviews, just filter through the bad points and see what is real and what would bother you. City lights is nice, when we checked the place we saw a few models. Some didn't have the best light due to the windows facing close by buildings, but that was about it. Also check other apt complexes on Aliso Creek Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County