Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 PM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawktx View Post
You need to realize that most of the people on this board are law abiding citizens that are not now and likely never have been hiding out from law enforcement. Don't expect a great deal of first hand personal experience from this board.

Maybe a message board frequented primarily by ex-convicts or other low lifes would be better suited to answering such questions.
Whoa!!! "low lifes"....sorry didn`t know that Puritans like yourself are coming out today....ex-convicts and low lifes here, please leave... JHAWKTX HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 AM

58 posts, read 123,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
Whoa!!! "low lifes"....sorry didn`t know that Puritans like yourself are coming out today....ex-convicts and low lifes here, please leave... JHAWKTX HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING!!!
Funny, but you missed my point. If there are any ex-convicts and low lifes on this board, they are free to stay and share their experience. But, unfortunately for the poster, I doubt there are many to be found on this board.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown.renter View Post
Thanks for you answer! I agree that I should not burn the bridge.

In your opinion, how much are "Customs and Border patrol" involved?
In other words, would I be intercepted at the Border if I was coming to visit (not to settle down again) ?

Regards,
Most of us can not begin to answer your question as we have never attempted to do what you are doing, nor are we from another country as you apparently are.

I will only add this, if you can live with yourself with no bad feelings, do what you must...I could not, but that is me..

Nita

Old 09-04-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
Customs and Border Agencies do look for warrants when returning to US however, your situation would be of a civil matter not criminal. Customs are looking for criminals not for people that cannot pay their bills...LOL
But I do know why you are so paranoid about Law Enforcement...you being from a different country noticed that USA is a police state with lots of people in the system and lots of people trying to keep others in the Penal System.
On cable there are prison shows every night, parading one Penitenciary after another...most Americans think this is normal!
America has the most prisoners per capita in the world...serious business and lots of money to be made for the ones involved in the Penal System, unfortunately!....everything is profit business in America....religion, prisons, health insurance companies...SAD!
geeze, now you are bringing politics into this..

Nita

Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 AM

15 posts, read 71,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawktx View Post
Funny, but you missed my point. If there are any ex-convicts and low lifes on this board, they are free to stay and share their experience. But, unfortunately for the poster, I doubt there are many to be found on this board.
jhawktx,

Please come back to me when your landlord intentionally neglects the "silence and comfort" clauses.
Trust me it is hard to build a solid case against the landlord when:
- security always comes 30 minutes late when they are called... he can always find an excuse for them when they come late.
- you have sewage and water problems... that get repaired (that's the excuse).... but they are very frequent
- you smell trash in the parking.

I respect what you said, but my landlord is after the money and NOT my comfort apparently...... Thus I am going to deprive him of what he loves the most.

I know that this is not an excuse, but I hope you'll never experience such situation.

Regards,

Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
jhawktx,

Please come back to me when your landlord intentionally neglects the "silence and comfort" clauses.
Trust me it is hard to build a solid case against the landlord when:
- security always comes 30 minutes late when they are called... he can always find an excuse for them when they come late.
- you have sewage and water problems... that get repaired (that's the excuse).... but they are very frequent
- you smell trash in the parking.

I respect what you said, but my landlord is after the money and NOT my comfort apparently...... Thus I am going to deprive him of what he loves the most.

I know that this is not an excuse, but I hope you'll never experience such situation.

Regards,
Sorry, I can't agree with what you are attemting to do. You now admit, he does get the problems fixed, maybe hot a speedily as you would like or even he should but you are right, you can not build a case: You smell trash in the parking lot? I am not sure the landlord can control what people put in the dumpsters or are they throwing trash in the parking lot? Either way, you really have no case and you say security takes to long to reply; as long as they reply, unless you are saying it is a life and death situation your points are not valid. It does sound like a crappy place to live, but walking out of your lease and leaving the country? Is it really worth that or do you want to leave anyway? That's my guess.

Nita

Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM

15 posts, read 71,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Sorry, I can't agree with what you are attemting to do. You now admit, he does get the problems fixed, maybe hot a speedily as you would like or even he should but you are right, you can not build a case: You smell trash in the parking lot? I am not sure the landlord can control what people put in the dumpsters or are they throwing trash in the parking lot? Either way, you really have no case and you say security takes to long to reply; as long as they reply, unless you are saying it is a life and death situation your points are not valid. It does sound like a crappy place to live, but walking out of your lease and leaving the country? Is it really worth that or do you want to leave anyway? That's my guess.

Nita
No need to be sorry, this is your opinion and I respect it.

Anyway, I felt obliged to say more, just to respect jhawktx and and what he/she wrote about decency.

I shouldn't have driven the conversation towards sentiments and very "case specific" details; I should have kept my questions less specific. There are things that we cannot fully describe and satisfy in writing..... and at the end I am not "Mark Twain".

Everybody, thank you very much for for taking the time to write and help.

Regards,

P.S: check your place before you check-in!!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:19 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,548,973 times
Lightbulb trusted sources

Quote:
No need to be sorry, this is your opinion and I respect it.

Anyway, I felt obliged to say more, just to respect jhawktx and and what he/she wrote about decency.

I shouldn't have driven the conversation towards sentiments and very "case specific" details; I should have kept my questions less specific. There are things that we cannot fully describe and satisfy in writing..... and at the end I am not "Mark Twain".

Everybody, thank you very much for for taking the time to write and help.

Regards,

P.S: check your place before you check-in!!
The only thing negative I couldn't find out before moving in, in past experiences, was mold related issues and poor flooring that is non-insulating.

I'd hesitate before agreeing to lease anywhere without recommendations from a trusted source.

Sorry you had a terrible experience. It seems no one here can give you advice that would advocate doing anything illegal.

Your job opportunities in anything other than fast food will be negatively impacted by poor credit.

Good credit is essential. Bad credit is the biggest bummer.

Kate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County