U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,993,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazycatladyUk View Post
We booked to stay at the Best Western in a special offer but are now worried because someone told us Santa Ana is a "ghetto" and not safe for tourists. Is this true??? Please help us confused Brits; thanks!
recommend you use priceline to find a hotel. You can get a much nicer hotel in the area you want for half the price. Look at sites like biddingfortravel.com to see what rates you should use to bid. You dont get to pick a specific hotel, but you do get to pick how many stars and what area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 12:35 AM

857 posts, read 891,219 times
I would DEFINITELY look at hotels on the beach. I don't know about everyone else but when I go on vacation I like to stay somewhere nice, where I can walk around outside of the hotel and grab some food, or walk to the beach, etc etc.. Santa Ana is not a place to do this. I grew up in the area and trust me, you will be MUCH happier if you stay at the beach.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:42 PM

160 posts, read 374,974 times
Default Hotel in Santa Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazycatladyUk View Post
Thanks so much for the replies! The hotel is at 2700 Hotel Ter, Santa Ana. We wanted a base in Orange County and read that it is in the middle. It was a half-price offer via a UK website and that is why we chose it. We have hired a car too. What do you think? Thanks again

Hello CrazycatladyUK,
I know this area well; I use to work for the hotel that is on the opposite end of the street on Hotel terrace. OK, so this is actually located on the out skirts of Santa Ana (far end or tip of Santa Ana) - bordering Irvine / Santa Ana. It's part of a block long of hotels on that street including the Embassy Suites at the very end (bit more pricey). This area is not bad but not the greatest either. You can travel towards the west of this area and see some ghetto neighborhoods or if you travel east of where your at you'll head into Irvine which is a very nice neighborhood if I do say so. So basically your stuck in between. It's close to the freeway and to neighboring airports. Santa Ana as a whole isn't a very family friendly environment. In fact, you're right to assume that some parts may be considered a Ghetto. There's a lot of other cities in Orange County you should visit rather than Santa Ana. Feel free to ask me anymore questions should any arise! Hope this helped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County