Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 12:14 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

I find it odd when people who live in round the year warm climate weather find it boring and wish for winter weather of below freezing temperatures with ice/sleet/snowstorms, etc. Having lived in both types of climates (with and without extreme weather changes), I prefer the all year round stable warm weather although I do understand that this causes water storage problems (which to me is the only real drawback).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 01:39 PM

35 posts, read 32,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I find it odd when people who live in round the year warm climate weather find it boring and wish for winter weather of below freezing temperatures with ice/sleet/snowstorms, etc. Having lived in both types of climates (with and without extreme weather changes), I prefer the all year round stable warm weather although I do understand that this causes water storage problems (which to me is the only real drawback).
This exactly, I’m from the East Coast and you really can’t beat the weather here

Old 07-16-2018, 08:56 PM

14 posts, read 19,702 times
Southern California weather is much preferred.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:00 PM

237 posts, read 410,898 times
To OP... well... the weather here may not be perfect... but the fact that it doesn't interfere with life is huge, compared to somewhere in the snowbelt.

For example, having to get up and shovel snow on some random basis sux! LOL!

At the other extreme... evaporating on the walk from your workplace to you car and burning your hands on the handle of the car... also sux, as do dust storms, if you're familiar with AZ.

Or perhaps hurricanes... as yet another crazy climate I've experienced...

So while the weather here may be boring, it's non-intrusive. Worth a lot to me, since working burns a lot of my time... having a near 100% certaintly that the remaining time is not infringed on... is priceless.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:57 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
lousy weather today, hot, a bit humid.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:24 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
another day of lousy weather, can't even go out, it was so damn hot, 92 and I live 2 blocks from the beach...nonsense! perfect weather...yeah right!!!!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:53 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Santa Ana winds are rare along the coast, but they are sure a deal-breaker if you're in the Inland Empire. 80 mile per hour gusts and single-digit humidity make it horrible for your skin and sinuses, not to mention kick up nasty wildfires. I'll take the muggy Louisiana summer days over Santa Anas anytime!

Old 07-23-2018, 02:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
We want that weather for a few days. I wouldn’t mind a little cooler weather but ice storms and freezing my azz off for 4 months isn’t fun

Old 07-23-2018, 04:18 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
We DO need more rain. I wish it was more like a monsoon-tropical, warm rain that came down in buckets. It would solve the drought but still give us warmth-lovers the weather we'd like.
People think warm rain is all sticky and oppressive but actually, it provides relief on a hot day. Over on the Gulf Coast you have 97 degree days that suddenly drop 15-20 degrees when a thunderstorm sweeps in, bringing plenty of cloud cover and wind. Actually very refreshing, and far better than the triple digit heat that San Bernardino, Bakersfield, and Fresno get, without any hope of rain, not even a cloud in the sky or a flicker of wind (if there was wind the smog wouldn't be so horrific).

Old 07-24-2018, 12:23 AM

132 posts, read 132,310 times
I don't miss the 90 degree Santa Ana driven days near Thanksgiving at all that's for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County