Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:32 PM

334 posts, read 915,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
A thread like this always makes me wonder what the motivation is of the poster esp when this is Lennon14 first post. Super exaggeration & a make believe concern for an area. Sorry but I smell a troll here! And am not going to fall for the scam!
Exactamente! I even posted as much earlier in thread... before I fell for the bait anyway and jumped in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,190 times
Wink La Zanja street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I just did a google map street view and the place didn't look that bad (I've never been there). But then again, do a street view of south central Los Angeles you're likely to see pastel bungalows with trimmed lawns with palm trees as a back drop (and bars on the windows).

[URL="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=La+Zanja+St,+San+Juan+ Capistrano,+Orange,+California+92675&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.001301,93.076172&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ge ocode=FalJ_wEd3478-A&split=0&hq=&hnear=La+Zanja+St,+San+Juan+Capistra no,+Orange,+California+92675&ll=33.507998,-117.664556&spn=0.002594,0.005681&t=h&z=18&layer=c& cbll=33.507984,-117.664659&panoid=_KEyIOS01TYTNasf_DYiAg&cbp=12,25 2.34,,0,4.97"]La Zanja St, San Juan Capistrano, Orange, California 92675 - Google Maps[/URL]
I lived in Dana Point from 1987 to 2000 and know every square inch of DP and SJC. There were 3 murders in all those years all committed by white folks living in those million buck homes. One was a jealous boyfriend, one by a bullied 13 year old who shot and killed a surfer on the beach in front of my house, and a postal worker who went postal in the post office over a woman who wanted nothing to do with him. The were never any stick-ups, home invasions, rapes, muggings, robberys, in fact there was no crime. The cops rode around some neighborhoods on bicycles so they could get to know the residents and make their presence felt. I always slept with my sliding glass door in my bedroom on the second floor open as you truly don't need AC there. You might occassionally see some graffitti on overpasses but as far as I know grafitti has never killed any one. All those communities are laid back peacefull little sea side villages. I think that lady has seen to many LA movies so when she sees a Mexican she flips, she took some LSD and got lost in Southeast LA or she really moved to Miami. On new year's eve Mexican tradition has it that one fires a pistol into the air to celebrate the arrival of New Year. Once the police explained the concept of what goes up must come down and if the cowboy who fired the gun didn't want to go to the Orange County Jail he would quit the tradition, it all stopped. LaKe Forest had a gang or two and I heard that there were some gangs in San Clemente but never saw anything that even resembled a gang. I am not calling the lady a lair but something was misconstrued. Maybe a production company was down there filming..Could happen

Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
A postal worker living in a million dollar home? Where do I sign up?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,930,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
A postal worker living in a million dollar home? Where do I sign up?
My uncle is a postal worker and lives in a $655K house.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 PM

662 posts, read 1,281,540 times
State workers are part of unions, may a lot of money and have great benefits, and are difficult to fire. Is that really surprising?

I have no doubt there are poor areas in south OC, but kids walking around waving guns everywhere? Hmmm.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM

12 posts, read 23,385 times
This posting in comical, really, if San Juan Capistrano is ghetto to some people, than you have been in the "OC" too long, what a joke, SJC is a sleepy, peaceful, beautiful place to be and if you are only comfortable in planned gated communities, than by all means dont venture out into the real world or your liable to see....diversity........yes , in the OC..really people, really? and as far as San Clemente and Dana Point..only some of the most beautiful beaches on the coast, and still in the OC...

Old 04-12-2010, 03:12 PM

92 posts, read 267,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonniriv View Post
I lived in Dana Point from 1987 to 2000 and know every square inch of DP and SJC. There were 3 murders in all those years all committed by white folks living in those million buck homes. One was a jealous boyfriend, one by a bullied 13 year old who shot and killed a surfer on the beach in front of my house, and a postal worker who went postal in the post office over a woman who wanted nothing to do with him. The were never any stick-ups, home invasions, rapes, muggings, robberys, in fact there was no crime. The cops rode around some neighborhoods on bicycles so they could get to know the residents and make their presence felt. I always slept with my sliding glass door in my bedroom on the second floor open as you truly don't need AC there. You might occassionally see some graffitti on overpasses but as far as I know grafitti has never killed any one. All those communities are laid back peacefull little sea side villages. I think that lady has seen to many LA movies so when she sees a Mexican she flips, she took some LSD and got lost in Southeast LA or she really moved to Miami. On new year's eve Mexican tradition has it that one fires a pistol into the air to celebrate the arrival of New Year. Once the police explained the concept of what goes up must come down and if the cowboy who fired the gun didn't want to go to the Orange County Jail he would quit the tradition, it all stopped. LaKe Forest had a gang or two and I heard that there were some gangs in San Clemente but never saw anything that even resembled a gang. I am not calling the lady a lair but something was misconstrued. Maybe a production company was down there filming..Could happen
You must be forgetting the murders between the San Juan and San Clemente gangs. There were far more than 3 murders in the area between 1987 and 2000. SJC is not a gang to be messed with, they slit the throat of a San Clemente gang member in my old neighborhood. The neighborhood that lines the railroad tracks IS GHETTO by any standards.

San Juan has its nice side (East of the I-5) and its poorer side (West of the I-5).

Here's a link about the gang activity in San Juan and San Clemente from a June 2008 L.A. Times article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...l/me-sanjuan30

Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 PM

72 posts, read 434,271 times
Personally, I think any Orange County city outside of Newport Beach is ghetto.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmpEngineer View Post
Personally, I think any Orange County city outside of Newport Beach is ghetto.
Whatever you say dude.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 AM

112 posts, read 243,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom6times View Post
This posting in comical, really, if San Juan Capistrano is ghetto to some people, than you have been in the "OC" too long, what a joke, SJC is a sleepy, peaceful, beautiful place to be and if you are only comfortable in planned gated communities, than by all means dont venture out into the real world or your liable to see....diversity........yes , in the OC..really people, really? and as far as San Clemente and Dana Point..only some of the most beautiful beaches on the coast, and still in the OC...

Now, I was only on vacation for one week...so take it for what it's worth. But I LOVED this area!!!! We stayed in Dana Point and I didn't want to leave!!! Every morning we walked up the flights of stairs to that park (forget the name) and had some of the BEST food at this Italian resturaunt that had outside dining. We also walked around the Dana Point Harbor area, took boat rides, etc. It was sooo GREAT!!! One week was not enough for me! And everyone was sooo friendly, they said Hi and smiled and the hotel we stayed at gave us great recommendations. Like I said, it was only a weeks vacation but when I came home I looked into moving there but too far away from family. I thought San Juan Capistrano seemed nice although didnt venture into it much. The only thing that "scared" me was driving on the highways with those lanes that merge without warning LOL!! Oh and getting lost in Long Beach LOL!!! But I live in CT and would trade in a heartbeat (if my family would come with) to live in Dana Point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County