Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:59 PM

8 posts, read 40,277 times

Advertisements

I want to relocate after I complete my computer engineering degree.

I remember visiting Oregon and I was at a restaraunt and I saw two girls about my age (18) who were waitresses. I flirted with them and I didn't have a phone so I never got their numbers. They were the most beautiful girls I've ever seen you just don't see beautiful girls in California anymore.

Now after I'm almost done with my degree I want to relocate and I'm debating where to go, I want to find more beautiful girls, I'm single and I really want someone to love.

Would Oregon be the place to go? Or would Washington be the place to go? Or far east to the Carolina's?

These were gorgeous girls and I swear I've never seen anyone so beautiful, right now I don't even care about the job market, I'm sure I'll find something, I'm just in for love and nothing can beat love It's all we need to be happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 AM

639 posts, read 1,599,038 times
If you genuinely believe that love is all we need to be happy then Oregon might actually work for you.. lot's of people are living there now who have less than that. But be warned: Oregon is chocked-full of the male of our species and there are very few females in comparison. The good news is that they don't require much more than love to be happy. **IMO and YMMV**

So, if you are an actual "good guy" with an eye for inner beauty and a true desire for a lasting love relationship you may actually find it there. If you are a flashy ladies man who requires a higher maintenance gal...good luck! (the girls are not dummies who fall for those tired lines) **IMO and YMMV**

Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 AM

8 posts, read 40,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroseinrain View Post
If you genuinely believe that love is all we need to be happy then Oregon might actually work for you.. lot's of people are living there now who have less than that. But be warned: Oregon is chocked-full of the male of our species and there are very few females in comparison. The good news is that they don't require much more than love to be happy. **IMO and YMMV**

So, if you are an actual "good guy" with an eye for inner beauty and a true desire for a lasting love relationship you may actually find it there. If you are a flashy ladies man who requires a higher maintenance gal...good luck! (the girls are not dummies who fall for those tired lines) **IMO and YMMV**
I'm not a ladies man and I'm not into that one night stand junk, my other thread people called me weird IDK why but it's actually disappointing, makes you feel unwanted.

I'm just wanting to be happy and I don't feel happy in California I just, I want to be happy around people like me, Mexicans are from Mexico and they just aren't like me, I'm not racist and I don't mean to hurt you I just want happiness and friendship. I'm only 18 I have a lifetime to find it but I just... IDK anymore, I want out and I don't know where to move to is all, I want to move where people will be like me, where I can fit in, I am a nice guy and I really do care, heh I just want to be happy is all, I went over a 5 year breakup and now I'm so lost and I just want to find happiness.

Where do I go to find happiness?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 AM

The only place you can truly find happiness is in your own heart. If you try to find it anywhere else you will be disappointed, trust me.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,453,752 times
Two words, my friend:

Boise Idaho

Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM

758 posts, read 2,371,674 times
"Two words, my friend:

Boise Idaho"

What's with the Boise comments? Trying to fill all those empty houses ?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 AM

No.
Between family and work obligations, I have had to spend quite a bit of time in Boise lately.
Other than the immediate surrounding countryside, (I like trees) I am finding that the Boise area is actually quite attractive to people wanting a lifestyle somewhere between Portland super liberal and the rest of Oregon.
The climate is fairly OK for the PNW, cost of living is much cheaper, more bang for your buck real estate wise, it's business friendly, has a great university, there is room to grow and play, and you can be what you want to be (liberal or conservative) without worrying about some eco-freak looking over your shoulder, or politicians limiting your freedoms and taxing you to death.

Idaho right now is what Oregon was 20 years ago.
IMHO, once the economy turns around, it will be the next hotspot.
The Boise comments are meant to let people know that Oregon and Washington are not the only options.

Made you wonder what's so great about Boise, huh?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Two things draw me to the PNW: cost of living (yes, coming from SF bay area the cost of living is much more affordable) and TREES! I checked out some pictures of Boise because you seem to like it so much and to be honest it doesn't look that beautiful to me. Not enough green. But, I guess you have to pay for the environment wherever you go.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Well after a while you start to realize that there is more important stuff than trees all around you.
But you are right, and I did state that I did not like the scenery around Boise that much.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:25 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
I've heard so many good things about Idaho. And it's not just because Viggo Mortensen lives there when he's not making movies. Ahhh *swoon*

There's a show I've been watching on OPB called Outdoor Idaho. They are showing Outdoor Idaho while they are filming new episodes of Oregon Field Guide, my favorite show ever. Anyway... watching Outdoor Idaho has, of course, made me want to go check out Idaho.

But if all the Californians are moving to Oregon, and all the Oregonians start moving to Idaho, where are the Idahonians going to go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: