U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-10-2007, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,123 times
Default adult foster care on the coast?

my mother suffers from dementia and it is getting close to time to move her out of her apartment. we would like to find a good foster home or some other situation that would be good for a senior woman in good health with memory problems. i've looked at a few assisted living and memory care places in lincoln city and wasn't impressed.
the senior service department of oregon can not recommend foster homes. they just give you a list and say "good luck".
anyone know of a good foster home? mom grew up on the coast and wants to stay in the lincoln city/newport area if at all possible. (other coast towns would be considered, however).
any feedback or tips anyone can give me would be very much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,068 times
Default try this

Hello,

I am going through the same type of search - a friend recommended the following web site - when you fill out contact they will help you find a facility in your area. No cost to you.

They have been wonderful!!!!

Find Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes and other assisted care living homes and facilities.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon