Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,210,897 times

Advertisements

Looks like we're getting ready for some cooler weather, Hawk. Will you get snow on your mountain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 01:37 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
Looks like we're getting ready for some cooler weather, Hawk. Will you get snow on your mountain?

The most i've ever gotten at 2,000' is about 6"-7". More higher up.

The longest it has taken to melt down my logging road driveway, is 5-6 days, if'n i remember correctly.

Winter weather is usually pretty mild in sw Oregon, compared to many other parts of our great country.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:05 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
I just called the Courier to find out why I couldn't login and got live people that were so friendly! I got transferred to Classified and he sounded just like my son, so much fun to talk to, and he called me "sweetheart". I misspelled my own username!
I'm going to love GP.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 PM

158 posts, read 516,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
Actually, no it isn't. You are the one who brought the topic back up to the top with Others may find the information here useful. I don't know why you felt the need to bring the topic up to state "deleted it", but that isn't how it works here and others may have questions on the topic.
The information from 2006, such as population, is no longer valid. If I have a question, I wish to have clarified, there is no way to get a response. I have tried in the past and recieved a response of: This forum has been closed for two years. Blah, blah, blah.

I am considering a move to the area and I find blog after blog from 2002,
2004, 2006, 2007 ect. I is nerve racking when trying to find updated information. Certainly old outdated information is useful for General information, but trying to get specific information ant constantly reading old information causes some buttons to be pushed, and that's not my goal.

Other forums I have been on, state that the information is closed because on non-use. That would be helpful. Sometimes, the way it works needs to be adjusted. Switching from horse and buggy to Automobile was indeed
difficult. However once we let go of the old ways, we moved quickly to highway speeds of 75 MPH.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Start a new thread.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:37 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
Start a new thread.
What she said. Just below the Eugene/Portland sub-fora, there is a New Thread button. Click it, and ask your questions.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
Actually, no it isn't. You are the one who brought the topic back up to the top with Others may find the information here useful. I don't know why you felt the need to bring the topic up to state "deleted it", but that isn't how it works here and others may have questions on the topic.
Perhaps, I have accomplished my goal, getting updated live chats with other people responding. Each time I look for information, I need it to be up to date. If it's not, it's like looking at your gas gauge and it's stuck on half tank,
If I continue driving, the information of half tank is no longer helpful. If I
believe that half tank information to still be true after driving an addittional
200 miles, I just may find myself stranded and afoot.
We are considering a move to Grants Pass. I am retired and well past 60.
This move will probably be our last. Getting the outdated information could
prove adverse to my health, welfare and general well being. Granted, others can use old information, however, It should be marked "Archive", It would
let people realize it is not up to date. Because, "that's not how it works," now, doesn't mean we have to "Lock" things in place, change is necessary,
sometimes.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:04 PM

@slowink. The very easiest way to get the latest info, is to start your own thread with your own questions. No response will be older than the date of your question.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
What she said. Just below the Eugene/Portland sub-fora, there is a New Thread button. Click it, and ask your questions.
I've done just that, and three days later, still waiting for someone to respond.
I have done that twice now and no one seems to want to answer my questions on a new forum.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM

I am questioning why the air quality in Grants Pass is 8.0 overall and the carbon monoxide is 2.5 which
is terrible. What causes this senario? Can it be improved upon? I have checked over the past three months and it hasn't changed in that time. Is that healthy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon