U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM

505 posts, read 1,911,831 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg Businessweek ranked Pendleton, Oregon as the best place to raise a family in Oregon: The Best Places to Raise Your Kids 2011: Best place to raise kids in Oregon: Pendleton - BusinessWeek

It's nice to see a small town mentioned, instead of a city suburb. Apparently they set a population limit of 50,000 (or less), and set an income cap.

Here's the local paper's story too: Pendleton: the family town - East Oregonian: News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:30 PM

7 posts, read 14,234 times
I'm glad that Pendleton is getting some recognition. It really deserves it as it is well qualified with its nice parks and mix of Western and Native American culture. It's great that Eastern Oregon is being put on the map.

One question: Where in town is this picture?:
The Best Places to Raise Your Kids 2011: Best place to raise kids in Oregon: Pendleton - BusinessWeek

Old 12-18-2010, 02:47 PM

505 posts, read 1,911,831 times
Funny that you mention that, because I was wondering the same thing, and I live here! The vegetation doesn't look like anything in town, or even around town...looks more like California.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:01 PM

4,925 posts, read 9,489,567 times
Good for Pendleton.

Yeah, that pic doesn't look to me like anything around there.

I also thought it funny that where they list "Nearby City", it was Hermiston. I think that's the first time I've heard it called a city...

Old 12-19-2010, 03:44 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,491,876 times
yuck no way id wanna live in Pendleton lol

Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,244 times
I Love Pendleton. I chose to live here. I have traveled the country. Been to 47 of the lower 48 states. I lived in Salem, Eugene, Springfield and a few other small town around those areas so I was familiar with the western side of the state not nothing outside of the Willamette Valley. I spent a lot of time driving through eastern Oregon when I started driving truck. My plan was to find a place to settle down after a few years over the road and I hadn't really thought I'd end up back in Oregon. Pendleton changed my mind. I don't have a kids (other than the four legged kind) and at this time my husband and I are pretty sure that we don't want to change that but we love the neighborhood feel of our town. No where is perfect. Every town has its good sides and its bad sides. And for each person the good and bad are different things as everyone has their own tastes. I love the variety of landscape in Pendleton. The mountains are right there, the river is right there, their are fields a plenty. The town has a ton of character that so many small towns lack. It isn't cookie cutter. It has a everything a person could want in my opinion. If I can't buy something locally that is what the internet is for. If that doesn't work a small drive over the border and I have everything I could need in the tri-cities and if I show my Oregon Id I don't pay sales tax. Its a win win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon