Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM

16 posts, read 53,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
Thanks, Fiddle, we can wing it as we are in Ashland too. The thing about winging it is that we may not get a campsite. Last summer I tried to book us somewhere during the week in August but everything was pretty much booked. I'm talking about the state campgrounds.

We LOVE to stay in Harris Beach on the sites overlooking the water. Those have to be booked nine months in advance. It took me a few tries to find availability in mid-July.

It's sounding like September may be our best bet for being directly on the water.

Thanks for all the information, you guys. Hopefully that 1962-era storm won't repeat itself for another hundred years.

Have you tried the Port of Brookings-Harbor RV park? it's right on the water, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 12:15 PM

33 posts, read 26,377 times
Glad to hear that many folks are posting about the problems of wind and living with wind. It does indeed create a great deal of problems, labor and expense in order to mitigate the effects of wind. Windy conditions can make -- or break -- your enjoyment of an area. I am interested in the Brookings, Oregon area myself and am grateful for any posts that speak to this subject.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:19 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Seeking View Post
Glad to hear that many folks are posting about the problems of wind and living with wind. It does indeed create a great deal of problems, labor and expense in order to mitigate the effects of wind. Windy conditions can make -- or break -- your enjoyment of an area. I am interested in the Brookings, Oregon area myself and am grateful for any posts that speak to this subject.
200,000 of us live on the Oregon Coast, and I have yet to hear of anyone moving away because of a little wind.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:28 PM

30 posts, read 24,208 times
Once, in Port Orford the Union 76 gas station sign, which was a great big ball, blew off the pole and bounced down HW 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon