Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:21 AM

6 posts, read 25,511 times

Advertisements

I am not here to debate both sides of this highly explosive issue. I am here to strictly say I would like help in forcing our local government to enforce our current immigration laws...If we Americans do not band together, within 3 - 4 years, if our government continues to let them stay here like they are, our way of life and freedoms as we know them will be gone. We will become the United States of Mexico and we, Salexico. I have never been into politics until this issue came to light this summer when the 21st Century Paul Revere motorcycle riders came thru and gave a speech on the capitol's steps.
We are not being kept informed on tv or the newspapers on how bad things are; so Bush and our locals, governor and senators, representatives, can continue on with their fight to keep them here for cheap labor and keep us in the dark so we do not fight them. If you are not up on the illegal aliens issue but would like to learn and help with the fight, come on board, I am putting a local group together to discuss our local problems.
I do not and will not argue here......there are many forums where that can be done. I am looking to stop the illegal alien (not immigrants; immigrants are legal aliens-huge difference) invasion.
I could not get an email added to my preferences so if anyone can tell me how.....there was not an option for many sites; yahoo, msn and a couple of others I don't have a clue. I do not want to add it here for obvious reasons. I only am interested in people who want to help but don't know how.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 AM

26 posts, read 66,548 times
We are not losing our freedoms due to "illegal" immigrants.

We will be the United States of Mexico and there is nothing that you or others can do about it. And, you know, that will be an improvment, don't sweat it.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 AM

331 posts, read 1,844,859 times
I have been to Mexico and have vowed never to return. You don't want to go there, trust me.

California, Arizona, New Mexico, and parts of Texas will be governed from Mexico City in the not to far distant future. Unfortunately, no one is willing to do anything to stop it. Our US Senate can’t even figure out what the official language is of these United States let alone figure out a way to protect our borders. City officials in San Francisco are calling for open borders with Mexico. The Senate and the House both want to waive qualifications for Social Security for illegal aliens and their parents. Make no mistake, Mexico wants the land they lost back and they are going to get it back without firing a shot.

I personally don’t think there is much anyone can do to stop illegal immigration but there sure are a lot of people who would agree with you. We will be moving to Oregon and illegal immigration is just one of our reasons for leaving Mexifornia.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:10 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,766 posts, read 4,119,699 times
Default Been there, done that

I grew up in a largely Mexican-populated county in California.
I spent most of 1989 in a city in Texas bordering Mexico.
I am quite familiar with the Latino side of the city I live in now.

Bottom line conclusion I've reached; when you weigh all the pros and cons of the Latino immigration/invasion, overall it will not be a good thing for America. The positive contributions and hard jobs many do are appreciated, but these are offset by the crime, dropout rates, illegitimacy rates, and other social ills they seem to bring. This is my honest opinion based on experience and observation.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:08 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear2land View Post
I have been to Mexico and have vowed never to return. You don't want to go there, trust me.

California, Arizona, New Mexico, and parts of Texas will be governed from Mexico City in the not to far distant future. Unfortunately, no one is willing to do anything to stop it. Our US Senate can’t even figure out what the official language is of these United States let alone figure out a way to protect our borders. City officials in San Francisco are calling for open borders with Mexico. The Senate and the House both want to waive qualifications for Social Security for illegal aliens and their parents. Make no mistake, Mexico wants the land they lost back and they are going to get it back without firing a shot.

I personally don’t think there is much anyone can do to stop illegal immigration but there sure are a lot of people who would agree with you. We will be moving to Oregon and illegal immigration is just one of our reasons for leaving Mexifornia.

Sorry but Oregon has more than it's fair share of Illegals, they have taken over, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Cornelius and parts of beaverton, not to mention, Salem and Eugene, you cant escape them, moving to Oregon wont help, plenty there.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 PM

It is not as bad as the states you mention here in Oregon....yet. But we have become known as a sancuary state. Our governor, two senators and most of the state reps are fighting to keep them here; they vote to keep them here and it is the same in most places. Check it out at congress.org. They have actions on the left side of the page; check it out and you will be amazed how much weight these carry.
However, we do make a difference. I have never been involved in politics until the immigration marches came to light. Now that hit the papers and tv but they will not for the most part, not print or televise how much devastation this is causing us and people don't realize where their money is being spent. The government branches, city, county and federal, want it that way; what we don't know, we cannot fight. It's all about cheap labor. My son-in-law use to do welding for $22 per hr. In 4 years, he cannot buy into a job. Why? The business owners are hiring the illegals to do the same job for $10 per hr. He has had to work at temp agencies and after 4 years, took a full time job at something he is not physically able to do because of a pain condition. But if he doesn't, his family will not be taken care of. That's what they mean by destroying the working middle class Americans. I just helped an Oregon group, Oregonians for Immigration Reform (OFIR) close down a day labor site where people comes and picks up illegals to work and all cash under the table; so they pay no taxes.
Now you really want to get ticked? You mentioned the officials in SF want open borders. Why do you think Bush has not closed them? I will enclose the info at the end but our president, loose term, has signed an agreement with Mexico and Canada to open the Mexico and Canadian borders in 4 years! It is called the North America Union. Oh, and let's not forget the super highway that is already being built. How it works; goods come into the Mexico ports; puts them on trucks and begins their journey through Mexico, through the open borders (causes a major traffic jam and no checking for illegals), down the super highway up through the US straight up into Canada, also with new open borders. Get online and enter the name into your search window.
You can get the most current and correct info on LouDobbs.com and on his daily show. Not a tale, not a disgrunted person spreading rumors; it's a done deal! That's why he is not closing the border. I get online and sign every petition, make calls, and because of folks doing that over the summer, finally got him to send national guards; he's doing the talking but you know a president can do anything with the stroke of a pen, literally overnight.
Well, I can keep going. I am also giving a site wherre you can sign up to receive announcements on current and immideate actions that can help. And a couple of others that you can receive information emails. You can make email, fax, or call folks from your senators and up to the president. Of course they don't read it but as a whole it is reported to them as a summary as to what their constituents (voters) are feeling the strongest about. I'll tell you how powerful our emails can be.
If you recall about a month and a half ago, the senate finally voted to build a fence along the border; no problem. Two weeks later they went into session and voted down the funds to build it! Needless to say, they didn't think the public would hear about that. Well, thanks to my notifications I, along with tens of thousands of other voters called (best way) and emailed our senators and the president. A week or so later, they went back into session and approved $2 billion to build the fence....would not have happened if we people had not made 1 phone. It does work; I never thought it did.
I have gone on enough so I will leave you with a few good sites. You can also enter immigration in your search engine and you will learn a lot.
Please don't think we can't change things. We can.
Thanks for writing in and hope you do come to Oregon. It's a walk in the park compared to the southern states; but we have to fight to keep it it like it is.

oregonir.org Oregonians for Immigrant Reform; The next meeting of Oregonians for Immigration Reform will be held on Saturday, September 9, in Salem, at the Best Western Mill Creek Inn, at 1 pm. The Inn is located at 3125 Ryan Dr. SE. Its parking lot adjoins that of the Denny’s Restaurant.
numbersusa.com
newswithviews.com
fairus.org
usborderwatch.com
humaneventsonline.com[/email] (write in North American Union)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/query.html?col=colpics&qt=north+america+union&subm it.x=0&submit.y=0Security (broken link) and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP)
congress.org

Please, everyone, let's get involved. It would be awesome to see a few of you at this informative meeting. If you are really upset about how our country and lives are changing, please come and learn. You won't be sorry!
Linda

Last edited by Gran; 09-07-2006 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: changed email address to website

Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 PM

45 posts, read 255,358 times
Default Immigration problem

Let us make sure we clarify this is not a racist issue but an actual concern and that it falls on every political front. I am a hardcore liberal Democrat. I often have been hearing as of late elements in my party that seem to feel prevention of illegal immigration is racist. I speak Spanish fluently and have helped the Latino culture quite a bit. This isn't about racism. This is about preserving an American culture. Some of my grandparents came from Italy and they encouraged and were encouraged to learn English to acculturate themselves to American society. This was also done with my other ancestors of Sweden, Germany, and many others. This belief is being ignored today. If our constitution was put in English so should our laws and frame of interaction. Our very structure is based upon English parliament and it is from that nature that we must have our citizens work.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:07 PM

331 posts, read 1,844,859 times
Nicely said Linda!

For some reason, our legislators are on the opposite side of this immigration issue. I would like to see all incumbents replaced with people willing to represent the views of its citizens.

Unfortunately, I see no action on illegal immigration until one of our states secedes from our union. I know that sounds drastic but it is going to take something that big to get the attention of our Federal Government. My guess is that California will be that state because it has the fifth largest economy in the world. Mexicans think California is their homeland and belongs to Mexico. I don’t think they are here just looking for a job. They are here to return this land to Mexico.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 PM

You are absoultely right and I should have stated that from the beginning. Of course those of us who are standing up for our laws are being called racist.
I also should have stated I have nothing against immigrants; that is what has made the US so unique and wonderful. They are here legally and waited their turn, often years.
I do not blame others for wanting to come to our country for the American dream but this land is not designed to hold this type of population explosion. When we hear there are 11 - 12 million illegal aliens, that is an old figure. With the daily crossings continuing and multiply that by I don't know how many years since, we are looking at 25 - 30 million people!
Immigrants come to this country as proud people; they do not come here demanding this country take care of their needs; nor with the attitude "I'm here, you will pay my medical, food, hospital bills, education, I'm staying whether you like it or not and I demand my rights." I don't think so.
Did any of our government, who by the way is suppose to act on what the Americans want, ask us if we wanted to pay those hospital bills? And educate their children? And give them cash/food stamps? Nobody ask me.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 PM

45 posts, read 255,358 times
Default Children and State level

I don't think we should expect our state representatives to do anything nationally or at state level. It is something we have to do one small step at a time. Like a train that starts, in the beginning it's slow but can build up speed and power. Communities should encourage at city-level to enforce regulations that don't punish the illegal immigrant (for the judicial system has said states can't enforce deportment), but those that may encourage illegal immigrants. I don't care if they are Hungarian, Irish, English, or from South America. If they have failed to get into the US through proper channels, we have a situation. The first stage of ethics has already been shot. They broke the law coming in. We all understand that. What we need to do is insure businesses do not allow illegal citizens to rent for residential or commercial reasons or hire those said people. Penalties to the businesses is a way to deter illegal immigrants from coming in. If they cannot find a place to set foot, then they must move on. Penalizing the businesses in no way conflicts with the federal judicial system of immigration deportation. What we need to be cautious about is the children. The children asked in no way to be a part of the situation. Parents will go places without their children's benefits. We shouldn't punish the children or future children by restricting them from schools or hospitals. It has been shown that any education to a child is a good thing. If we can't Americanize the parents while they are here illegally, we have to get through to their children. Leaving them at home will only encourage them to not learn what the US is about- the adaptation and acceptance of numerous cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon