Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,227 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our 4 year old daughter will be moving to the Portland area in early June. My husband will be working for Netflix in Hillsboro and I was wondering if there are affordable apartments that are family friendly in the area. We are going to be single income as we plan on expanding our family around the time of the move and I'll be starting nursing school. We're looking for something in the $600-700 range, 2 bedroom with a park or playground near by. We don't need anything high end (obviously) but I don't want to live in a horribly run down area. I just want something safe with down to earth people around with lots of kids for my daughter to play with and in a good school district. Any info would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,307,258 times
My suggestion would be to move to Hillsboro rather than in the Portland area. You won't have a chance of finding something in your price range for what you want in a good Portland area neighborhood or a bad one for that matter.

I live in SE Portland. My neighbor used to work in Hillsboro for NetFlix and he said the commute was a real pain. It's also a good idea to live closer to where your husband will work.

I am not all that familiar with Hillsboro so hopefully, others who are will give advice.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:16 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,379,988 times
There are a ton of apartments along 185th in the Tannasbourne area, and a ton more along Evergreen Parkway near Netflix. You will not have any problems finding a place to live within walking distance of the building.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:51 PM

8 posts, read 19,325 times
I dont' know that you could even find something for under $700 in the burbs for a 2 bedroom Have you been on Craigslist? If you find some ads I can tell you what the area is like. But it is going to be tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: