Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,527 times

Advertisements

Hello. I currently live in Colorado and LOVE it here. I just moved back to CO after living in AZ for 2 years. I really dont want to move, but with recent events I find myself with no other choice.

Anyways, I would like suggestions on good places to move to. I was looking into smaller cities yet close to the bigger cities. I have 2 children who are in Elementary, so something close to a school, and I will hopefully be able to go back to college soon, so a college close by would be great as well. I am looking to rent a house or an apartment.

I was looking at a city called Jefferson online, but can't seem to find a website that has listings for home rentals. It looks to me to be a very small city, but also seems too far away from maybe any colleges. I do know there is an Elementary, Middle, and High School in the city, but not sure on jobs in area either. Does anyone live in or near Jefferson or knows about Jefferson who can help me out with some info or even anyone with suggetions on good cities near there....??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 AM

73 posts, read 233,547 times
Yeah, I grew up around there. Nice little town with a rural, agricultural feel. It isn't too bad a drive from Salem and Albany is close by. Oregon State University in Corvallis is within a drivable distance.

Try looking at the online version of the Albany Democrat Herald for rental and employment information in that area.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:20 AM

540 posts, read 2,166,765 times
Jefferson is a nice little town between Albany and Salem. Schools have a decent reputation and housing costs are pretty reasonable. There isn't really much there (a couple of restaurants, a mini-mart)...and the River.

Maybe 15 minutes to downtown Albany (I have 2 families that I helped buy homes there and both work in Albany with no complaints about the commute). Most likely you will find work in another city in the area...there just isn't much going on in Jefferson except agri-work.

You might want to consider Lebanon, Albany, or Brownsville also...Lebanon for example is a growing little town, with a new Lowe's Distribution Center. Albany has a new PepsiCo (Gatorade) plant going in in a couple of years...

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon