Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 10,850 times

Advertisements

We, my daughter, granddaughter and I are trying to escape from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I have been reading all of the info about Oregon and it sounds like Heaven compaired to where we live now. When we move, we will not be able to afford the $300,000 and up homes - I will be retireing and we figure we will each have enough to buy a manufactured home ($60,000). We would really like some info on MH parks in Medford and surronding areas - all the way up to Eugene. We especally would like to know the ones to stay away from! We are taking a trip there in late October. We want a safe family park that allows pet. Thanks in advance to all that answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,250 times
It's important to really research any mobile home park. Due to severe land use restrictions in Oregon, housing has appreciated so much that many mobile home parks are being bought out and turned into subdivisions. This trend is accelerating in the Portland Metropolitan Area and Bend. It has just happened in the Salem area where in live in the community of Keizer.

I believe this is a trend that will continue. I think it might happen less in Medford because Medford is planning for future growth by bringing in thousands of acres of land. Even though housing is pricey for the area, with so much available land, it should providea buffer so that mobile home parks aren't bulldozed for subdivisions. Eugene would probably be a different story because it is rabidly anti-growth. As housing prices accelerate, you will probably find mobile parks turned into subdivisions. I would say any other communities south of Eugene would be a safe bet. But then, no one can predict the future, right?

Sorry, I don't know of any specific parks. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Welcome to Oregon.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
Default modular homes - good site

look at mobiles by the sea. It is a company that deals strictly with modular and mobile homes out of Brookings.. Oregon
There is a lovely family park at Gold Beach that is central to the shopping, schools etc so you can walk to most places, and also close to the beach to enjoy the serenity of the coast..
Also prices are very good.
I hear it is a very sought after area..

Good luck in your hunting

Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 PM

758 posts, read 2,371,449 times
You CAN buy a house outside Portland for $120-150K, well outside Portland (in, say Willamina) for less than that. Your taxes will run $1000 a year or so.
I'd hesitate to buy a MF home in a park for the reasons mentioned above.
Good luck!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
...many mobile home parks are being bought out and turned into subdivisions. This trend is accelerating in the Portland Metropolitan Area and Bend. ...
There is also a strong movement of residents buying their own park via forming a co-op. (thus a secure location, and hopefully cheaper lot fee). A few of those happening in OR, but not yet in Medford (AFAIK).

ROC USA - Making Resident-Ownership of Manufactured Home Communities Viable Nationwide is one of several groups enabling this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon