U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:47 AM

351 posts, read 1,115,838 times

Advertisements

Here is a true story

Last fall 2013..... The owners of In-N-Out meet with the owners of Les Schwab in the Bend Carino's Restaurant. The talk was to bring a In-N-Out to Bend "central oregon". But as you can tell that hasn't happened.

I Grew up in So. California...... and we had In-N-Out's all around, I have to say they are very good..... There are allot of burger joints that can or are as good as In-n-Out

The whole secret to In-n-Out is FRESH....... NOT FROZEN...... and they cook to order.... so your food isn't sitting on a warming station...... And they pay their employees above min. wage and demand that their crews are clean and friendly!

Another burger joint can easily do this...... But "most" choose not to do so.

I have had 5-Guys, and these guys are every bit as good as In-n-Out !

Do I wish we had In-n-Out's here in Oregon.... YES, but we can live without them, If someone else steps up to the plate.

Side Note: Red Robin, is usually very busy..... and I honestly do not know why. They have the classic frozen burger that sits on the warming area...... and the same with the fries (frozen and usually served warm).... We go to Red Robin quite often.... Not because it is really good, but because we get a very good discount there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM

12,303 posts, read 12,537,923 times
I have only been to Red Robin once, and thought the burger was pretty mediocre. I think their popularity is due to the fact that they have a bar.

OTOH, any time I'm through Newberg anywhere near meal time, I will stop at Burgerville USA.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 AM

7,323 posts, read 15,374,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I have only been to Red Robin once, and thought the burger was pretty mediocre. I think their popularity is due to the fact that they have a bar.

OTOH, any time I'm through Newberg anywhere near meal time, I will stop at Burgerville USA.
I think the furthest south that Burgerville (a SW Washington/northern Willamette Valley chain) goes in Oregon is somewhere just south of Salem (at least that is where I remember the "last Burgerville for 24,000 miles" sign). For a burger chain they always had good food, including halibut fish and chips and lots of seasonal items, like Walla Walla Onion rings.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:55 PM

2,438 posts, read 4,230,218 times
The southernmost Burgerville is in Albany, the next is in Monmouth, which is also the westernmost. The easternmost is in The Dalles, and the northernmost is in Centralia. I stop in that one on my way to Tacoma several times a year.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:14 AM

6 posts, read 5,191 times
I didn't know about the North, East & West Burgerville, but when you grow up in Albany you know you are eatting at the southern most BVille.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:36 AM

7,323 posts, read 15,374,603 times
I'd prefer a Burgerville over an In-N-Out here in Medford - but I respect the owners of the chain keeping their supply chain integrity to about a 100 mile radius from headquarters in Vancouver, Wa. A lot of companies decide they are going to make that big leap from the local to the widespread and suffer for it.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:48 PM

12,303 posts, read 12,537,923 times
I had a burger Saturday at the Sno-Cap in Sisters. It was a pretty good burger, but a little dry. At least it had a grill toasted bun and was fresh beef and fresh vegetables. The fries were real fries, and they had fry sauce in a squeeze bottle for the asking. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. The Sno-Cap specializes in ice cream, so there's something for everyone.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,858,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I had a burger Saturday at the Sno-Cap in Sisters. It was a pretty good burger, but a little dry. At least it had a grill toasted bun and was fresh beef and fresh vegetables. The fries were real fries, and they had fry sauce in a squeeze bottle for the asking. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. The Sno-Cap specializes in ice cream, so there's something for everyone.
Sno-Cap is a must-stop when traveling through Sisters.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:25 PM

338 posts, read 339,270 times
I worked line at a Red Robin for something like 3-4 years. To call it "mediocre" is a massive understatement. Once you've seen an RR kitchen, you have to wonder how they even manage to pass their health inspections.

Quote:
"Red Robin is usually very busy, and I honestly do not know why. They have the classic frozen burger that sits on the warming area; the same with the fries (frozen and usually served warm). We go to Red Robin quite often, not because it is good, but because we get a very good discount there."
That's about the only reason TO go there; the discount.

The patties are actually brought in (as far as I know) fresh, from a company called "Fulton" and delivered through Sysco; at least they were 7-8 years ago. But from the quality and the way they overcook them, they may as well be hockey pucks (frozen) and it's hard to tell the difference once it's out. Your other allegations are 100% correct and I can confirm them, including the sitting-in-the-window-under-the-heater-for-too-long one. Bletch.

I know it's not PC for anybody to be saying so, but:

Burgerville today is just... meh. Used to be better when George was alive, before the Portland tree-hugging hipster contingent invaded the company and jacked the prices of everything way up. Not even worth what they charge these days for what little they give you. I can get a pound of hamburger, a sack of fries and a 2-litre of pop from Winco for less than BV charge for a small hockeypuck basket that's of insignificantly higher quality than Mickey D's. Totally not worth it. If I just have to have fast food I'll go to Carl's and get my money's worth before I'll go to BV any more, unless the latter's the only thing that's open.

The day I first started seeing BV slip that one certain "S" word into their tagline, that's known to send Portlanders into various states of arousal like the number 420 to a pothead, I thought "that's it; they're creamed." It's always a red flag, seeing that certain "S" word in ad copy.

Quote:
"I worked at Artic Circle at the time and I can tell you what is in both their secret sauces."
Well?

Last edited by ratchetjaw; 09-08-2014 at 07:33 PM..

Old 09-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,668 posts, read 40,039,994 times
Costco needs to add a burger and Pulled Pork.
They have pretty decent meat.

They would sell as well as their Cinnamon rolls of the 1990's GONE! (if you are not FAST)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or