U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM

8 posts, read 18,766 times

Advertisements

Hi, can anyone recommend a nice mobile home park that we could find a space to put a new park model home on? It doesn't have to be on the beach, but within 5 miles would be great.

We want to live in an area that has weather "like" Brookings--the temperate, never too hot or cold kind of weather. From what I can tell, it looks like Southern coastal Oregon has a microclimate?

We'll be retired, so job availability isn't a concern.

I have not had much luck googling mobile home parks in Southern Oregon as far as being able to tell if they have open lots to put a new home on. Most results I get are for existing trailers or rv parks.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM

7,064 posts, read 7,982,865 times
Have you considered finding a lot with a 'tear down' quality mobile home? You want to assure that you have a good well (or on a water system) and a septic system (or sewer connection). It is likely to be cheaper from a life-cycle POV.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 PM

505 posts, read 579,002 times
This is may be too far north for you as it's just below Newport but you might want to check it out:

Seal Rocks RV Cove in Seal Rock on the Oregon coast: Vacation Homes

Park models are usually located in RV parks rather than mobile home parks so you may have missed some locations in your searches.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM

12,883 posts, read 9,200,069 times
I remember when Osprey Point first opened. Many folks were excited about this resort.
Osprey Point RV Resort - Oregon's Most Ideal RV Resort
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1600&bih=719

I think there is a Park Model area. Osprey is right on the lake, not far from ocean beaches & quad sand dunes,etc.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM

7,064 posts, read 7,982,865 times
A lot of RV parks limit the number of days you can stay least they fall under Oregon Mobile Home laws.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 PM

8 posts, read 18,766 times
Thanks alot to every who has responded so far...I have found that I was missing some by only doing mobile homes instead of RV parks when looking for park model locations.

One more thing, and let me preface this by saying I know it's hard to qualify...but about the weather...is there much of a difference between Brookings and Gold Beach? If so, what is it? Our #1 reason for choosing southern Oregon is the weather. We like temperate, cool, and wet. Rainy/foggy is fine with us. I've seen a couple of posts on other threads about Brookings getting into the 90's???? I thought that was unheard of, or at least that's what I saw on the weather websites.

Brookings looks nice but we have also found a resort called Turtle Rock in Gold Beach that's got us interested.

Again, thanks to everyone that comments. It helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon