Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:57 AM

2 posts, read 9,538 times

Advertisements

I've got an interesting dilemna, but apparently not new. I finally was notified several months back that my name came up to get on Sec.8, {NOHA} on the coast. At first I was excited, as I could use a break on rent payments, who couldn't? I'm currently existing in eastern Ore., near Pendleton., and my doctor's have been at me to move near that marine air for some time. They have found it to be life extending, in cases like mine. I'll make this short; I have numerous tumors in my lungs and "duh" it makes it just a little bit hard to breathe; and no, they seem to have no name. Let's just say there is lot's of chemicals floating around these farming towns and pretty sure some lingering of Hanford's odorless perfume! Sorry if that offended anybody out there, I just needed to vent a little . I decided great I'll just transfer my voucher to the coast. I did and whoa things went from bad to worse; you know:red tape,outta funds,one more paper to sign & so on. I've made 5 or so costly trips to Clatsop,Columbia, & Tillamook countie's only to have one more setback, I mean two. There's a major housing shortage going on there and hardly nobody will rent to someone using NOHA. This may not be cool to do in this forum, but is there anybody out there with a 2+bedroom house looking for a long term {hopefully} renter who is reliable,honest and would be a good neighbor, with references? I love it over there and if I hadn't become disabled when I did, was hoping to buy there someday. I'd still like to try. I'm on the PDAC board and right now there is no one from your area represented there. In case you don't know it's a commitee that oversees the disabled rights; I'm also trying to help get the disabled out of the house by setting up water activities like;sailing,fishing,etc. Hopefully, I can focus on that more soon. It's just me & my best friend {caregiver,too} and my other friend, my cat, Odie. Please, if you or someone you know have a place and willing to rent to us, just e-mail or call soon. I have less than a month to find a place or the voucher expires. I just hope you were able to read this & stay awake! Hope to call the coast home soon, Ed & Linda {503}566-0304 edzaha@msn.com

Last edited by EZ.Ed; 10-16-2007 at 02:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,674 times
have you looked into Coos county?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: