Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 PM

739 posts, read 1,847,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Argh, that should be Florence vs. Reedsport. I noticed my mistake as I was clicking 'post.'

Crazy, fyi (not intended to be mean), it is 'tract' house, not 'track' house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
Crazy, fyi (not intended to be mean), it is 'tract' house, not 'track' house.

Sad but true. You gotta love Spellin' Police.

Myself included.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
Eh, we all make mistakes. My mind is too busy with other, more important details right now. But thanks for letting me know--it's not a word I use much.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,403 times
If you are looking for walkable on the coast you are pretty limited. Coos Bay/North Bend and Lincoln City offer a bit more in that respect. We have a small place in Lakeside which is quiet, has a decent grocery store, a hardware store, a clinic, a library and grade school, and not much else but lots of water and dunes. We live south of Eugene and have been checking out full time living on the coast as we will retire soon. There is much less to do in Florence than in Coos Bay.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesJ View Post
If you are looking for walkable on the coast you are pretty limited. Coos Bay/North Bend and Lincoln City offer a bit more in that respect. We have a small place in Lakeside which is quiet, has a decent grocery store, a hardware store, a clinic, a library and grade school, and not much else but lots of water and dunes. We live south of Eugene and have been checking out full time living on the coast as we will retire soon. There is much less to do in Florence than in Coos Bay.
Don't forget to tell them about the local politics, or the individuals who continue to dump raw sewage into the lake. When I was running for County Commissioner I thought attending City Council meetings was a hoot. I really like Lakeside though. It's a nice little city, but I think they are going to disincorporate.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,403 times
Steve,

I don't know how long ago you lived in Lakeside. The water quality has improved quite a bit, only one algae bloom in the last 5 years. Politics I don't know about. I asked a few of the small business owners who live there full time about it and they just shrug their shoulders. It seems like they have set it on ignore.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesJ View Post
Steve,

Politics I don't know about. I asked a few of the small business owners who live there full time about it and they just shrug their shoulders. It seems like they have set it on ignore.
That pretty much describes Lakeside for the past twenty years. If it's not related directly to the lake, old timers and business owners don't really care.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:31 AM

My reference was to the discovery last year that there were property owners living on the lake who were still directly discharging sewer into the lake.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 6,499 times
Florence was very windy when I was there. I was wondering of Reedsport might be less wind,y since it looks to be a little farther away from the coast. I checked the weather and they looked about the same. Does anyone know?
Thanks!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM

They are about the same. North Bend is one of the worst for wind in most palces in town. Florence is really not so bad. It gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon