U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Status: "Still holding on to flip flop weather!" (set 22 hours ago)

4,133 posts, read 7,959,547 times
For well info, you can search the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality website, which has all modern well logs (and some older ones) on line:
Well Log Query

You'll need to know Township, Range and lot numbers (should be right on your property assessment and deeds). Wells will vary with terrain and geology, so what someone right next to you ha may or may not be indicative of where you'll find water.

For the County Planning Dept (building permits, etc)
Klamath County Community Development - Building Division

The County's not too bad, and they are pretty quick about getting permits turned and inspections done. They do follow current Building Codes, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 PM

4,585 posts, read 3,476,366 times
People laugh at the thought of gangs in a place like Klamath, or any part of Oregon for that matter. I used to stay there on business at least 2 nights a week for about 3 years not that long ago. Even though it may not be noticeble to the untrained eye, I guarantee MS-13 and other gangs have outposts there. They dont have a street presence like most people think of when they think of gangs. Their existence usually serves as a stopover point for drug transport and human traffiking operations between California and Canada or Washington within their own ranks. While most of this activity occurs along the I-5 corridor, some travels through Klamath Falls.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM

42 posts, read 76,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgallant2009 View Post
We have bought two parcels up on Bly Mountain. We love the peace and quiet. The neigbors seem very private, and we appreciate that (as we like our privacy). We are planning on building in the next 5 years, but have heard that wells can be an issue in that area? any advice? and the Planning Department for Klamath County seems very laid back?
My husband is a builder - we're your neighbors on Bly Mtn. (at the nursery). Stop by for a visit sometime. We'll welcome you to the community with a cup of coffee, share any information we can, and help as needed. Feel free to write offline if you want. WELCOME NEIGHBOR!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,687 times
Default your question on klamath falls

People believe what you want about klamath.
I've lived there my whole life and seen and heard some of the most ****ed up things.
The crime here is rediculous. They don't post any of it in the news or newspapers. Klamath has the highest rate of dope in the US. I've seen and heard some of the most twisted ****ed up stuff. And I've been a lot of places. You wonder why you see so many police officers around? We have 3 times the amount we are supposed to because of the crime and drug trafficing going thrue klamath. 4 riot/shootouts took place in klamath, including the countless murder,s

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larayna12 View Post
People believe what you want about klamath.
I've lived there my whole life and seen and heard some of the most ****ed up things.
The crime here is rediculous. They don't post any of it in the news or newspapers. Klamath has the highest rate of dope in the US. I've seen and heard some of the most twisted ****ed up stuff. And I've been a lot of places. You wonder why you see so many police officers around? We have 3 times the amount we are supposed to because of the crime and drug trafficing going thrue klamath. 4 riot/shootouts took place in klamath, including the countless murder,s
None of the "facts" in this post are true. Klamath Falls does not have the "highest rate of dope" in the US, not even close, at least not according to DEA stats. We have a (well) below-average per capita number of police and sheriff officers. The murder rate per capita is below the US average.

Like a lot of rural, high unemployment rate areas, KFalls does have a meth and alcohol problem, but not any different than other areas the same size in Oregon or even in the Northwest.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Ok what about the bodies found in klamath lake? The Nuns raped and killed on the bike path, and the people stabbed and killed there. And the shoot outs baecause of dope deals gone wrong? My friend got shot in the face, her husband was murdered, and her baby was right there, my friend was shot and killed because of drug deals. Another kid was killed found in a ditch. You know why? Because of bad drug deals, meth is used like ****ing candy in this tow, you aren't aware cuz you sit home with your head upp your ass looking at sites like these all day. Don't tell me my statements are untrue when I was around that my whole life. Behind the scenes of klamath falls. Our **** ws tested 70% emphetamine when they testedour septivg

Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Septic system.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 PM

You're going back almost 20 years to draw up examples. And most examples you list were reported in the papers, investigated and prosecuted - out in the open, not something hidden. No one ever said that Klamath Falls was crime free. No one ever said that it was meth free. No one ever said that it was gang free. What HAS been said is that it isn't any worse than any other comparable small town in Oregon. Your perception may be otherwise, but it doesn't hold up.

Klamath sheriff:
Uniform Crime Reports of Klamath County and Index from 1985 to 2005

City of Klamath Falls:
Uniform Crime Reports of Klamath Fall and Index from 1985 to 2005

For comparison:
Jackson County
Uniform Crime Reports of Jackson County and Index from 1985 to 2005

City of Medford
Uniform Crime Reports of Medford Police and Index from 1985 to 2005

Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 PM

4,585 posts, read 3,476,366 times
Quote:
Our **** ws tested 70% emphetamine when they testedour septivg
Quote:
Septic system.
Please provide a link for this statement. I'd be very interested in reading it. Thank you.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 752 times
The only thing you got to worry about here is the meth the natives and the cho most..I'm from south Sacramento and I came here and the kids think they are all gangster..they really aren't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon