U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2007, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,723 times
I have lived in Scio for 40 years, their is drugs here like every where, but with good up bringing your kids will be great, I raised three sons here and I'm proud to say they have never have done drugs, there into sports big time!, and their mother and I was always there for them, scio is a great town to live the people are very friendly, and its very pretty here, I actually think of alot of these people as family, they have all come to help my wife and me in times of need!, the schools are great also, my wife has been involved in school here for a very long time and is working in kindergarden as a teachers aide, I think you will love this place as I have for a very long time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 02:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,661 times
I was an exchange student from Australia who lived in Scio nearly 20 years ago now- OMG It was a great place and friendly too. I hope it hasn't changed in that regard. Is there mint still growing in the district? I still have flashbacks when I open some brands of mint jubes!

Go the Loggers!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,637 times
Default Did you move to Scio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugogirl View Post
We are considering moving to Scio. I am wondering about the schools. K-12. I have two young children. Is there much drug activity in the town? I have heard that many small towns have drug/alcohol problems, is this true? It seems to be a nice area. How are the people?? Friendly? Thanks for any info.
I was just curious if you ever moved to Scio.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,630 times
Default a fantastic town

I think that if you're looking for a city that is still full of good people and good values, Scio is the kind of place you would want to be. The town is full of wonderful people, and I know because I grew up there. Yes there is a new development of homes going in, and probably more on the way, but those kinds of changes are unavoidable.

I agree with a lot of what people said, it's a beautiful place to be, and there's something to be said for being able to step outside on a summer night and see a sky so full of stars that it could almost blind you.

I may be far from there right now but the time I spent growing up there is something I could never replace.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,742 times
Default Screw scio!

I have been pulled over twice in this town. The first time the cop tolled me when he looked at my plates he thought they were expired, and they were not, so he realy was just looking for an excuse to F with me cause he could tell I wasnt from around there. The second time was evan stupider, and not only because I got a ticket. I accidently drove threw scio when I saw a sign that said 45 mph, so knowing this dam town is a speed trap I slowed down to 35. Then I got pulled over, and was given a speeding ticket for going 35 threw a school zone. Which I did go threw a school zone at 35 but did I mention it was 8 pm at night and dark? Evan though 24 hour school zones where banned in Oregon 3 years ago Scio never got that memo.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM

26 posts, read 59,950 times
HOW do you pronounce the name of this town...Scio? Just wondering.
We've come up with She-o, Sky-o, SY-o...etc... HELP!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:48 PM

10,679 posts, read 16,967,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmergrl View Post
We've come up with She-o, Sky-o, SY-o...etc... HELP!
Sigh-O

Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 PM

1,896 posts, read 2,700,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmergrl View Post
People have been known to say SC-10.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 AM

26 posts, read 59,950 times
Thanks SF!

Um...karlsch...Huh? Expand, please. Thanks!!

Old 12-27-2010, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 946 times
My Great Great Grandparents settled in Scio. I remember My aunts store Gills with a pot belly stove that the locals would sit around and talk every am. My Great Uncle was a postmaster in Scio, and both my grandparents were from Scio. As a kid we used to swim in Thomas creek and go to our family McDonald reunion. I have found memories and have visited the area in the past year. Please try to keep small town. There aren't many left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon