Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:56 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

This coming from a person from Connecticut East Coast lol I want always interested what in that state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 09:30 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Are you asking what the landscape is like in Oregon? And what the people are like in Oregon?

I'm told some east coast people think we do not have phones, use an outhouse, and are in constant danger of being attacked by wild Indians!

Actually the people are quite friendly and vary considerably from the big cities to the rural small towns / farming areas. Basically all types of people here, but polite - drivers will be more courteous than in other areas (let you into their lane for example).

Then the landscape is a lot of green - trees - rivers - or even desert in eastern Oregon. Here are some pictures...

Search google.com for the following words...

Oregon covered bridges

...then click on images

Next search google.com for the following words...

Oregon photos

...then click on images

Old 02-23-2014, 02:44 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
There are many small towns with beautiful scenery (forests, rivers, beach, mountains, lakes, high desert, etc) in Oregon, & many good, kind, caring folks, with warm hearts......

Grants Pass Daily Courier -- Downtown Web Cam

www.oregonfishingforum.com

Old 02-23-2014, 03:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Oregon has a drop dead beautiful coastline, magnificent valleys both large and small, major and minor mountain ranges, desert, rangeland.... In fact one county on Oregon (Lane) goes from the ocean to mountain skiing.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
What is Oregon like?

Well in terms of climate and scenery it varies. Eastern Oregon is a large desert, while Western Oregon is lush. Western Oregon is also very rainy and pretty gloomy, a lot of gray overcast days. It also has a beautiful forests, in fact Western Oregon is pretty much just a giant forest. The landscape has lots of green rolling hills and amazing mountain views. Coastal Oregon is very scenic and has awesome fishing and camping.

In terms of people, well people are people pretty much regardless of where- you go. Some are good and some are bad. For the most part, people are pretty friendly and down to earth. Lots of hippies and Nature Lover types. Politically Western Oregon tends to be more liberal where as Eastern Oregon tends to be more conservative.

If you want to see what Oregon is like then you should take a trip out here. It's a nice place, though I couldn't live there, not year round anyway. I'm from Oregon but cannot stand the gloomy weather, I need the sunlight. In Oregon I had to take Vitamin D supplements. I prefer California for the weather, opportunities, and the larger than life feel of the state.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:19 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
What is Oregon like?

Well in terms of climate and scenery it varies. Eastern Oregon is a large desert, while Western Oregon is lush. Western Oregon is also very rainy and pretty gloomy, a lot of gray overcast days. It also has a beautiful forests, in fact Western Oregon is pretty much just a giant forest. The landscape has lots of green rolling hills and amazing mountain views. Coastal Oregon is very scenic and has awesome fishing and camping.

In terms of people, well people are people pretty much regardless of where- you go. Some are good and some are bad. For the most part, people are pretty friendly and down to earth. Lots of hippies and Nature Lover types. Politically Western Oregon tends to be more liberal where as Eastern Oregon tends to be more conservative.

If you want to see what Oregon is like then you should take a trip out here. It's a nice place, though I couldn't live there, not year round anyway. I'm from Oregon but cannot stand the gloomy weather, I need the sunlight. In Oregon I had to take Vitamin D supplements. I prefer California for the weather, opportunities, and the larger than life feel of the state.

How will Oregon Residents react to a Connecticut resident I known some of them proably forget CT is state

Old 02-25-2014, 09:24 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Oregon is a very diverse state as far as weather and scenery goes, the NW part of Oregon is typically the wettest with Astoria having the most rainfall at a little over 67 inches per year, Portland at 38 inches, Eugene at 50 inches. The SW part of the state doesn't get that much rainfall, Medford gets about 19 inches per year. A lot of people have the impression that it rains all the time in Oregon, but Oregon ranks in the mid 30's as far as rainfall per state.
The people in Oregon are pretty much "live and let live" type of people, they could really care less of your life style as long as you don't try and force your views, then you may get some push back depending on the views. Yes, we do have our radicals from time to time, those who think it my way or the hwy, those types normally don't hang around to long.
Politically, Oregon is about 50/50 when it come to liberals and conservatives, with the majority of liberals living in the Northwest part of the state, Eugene north to Portland, this is also where the largest population density is for the state.

I was born and raised in Oregon, I've been to a lot of other states but always seem to call this home.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:25 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
How will Oregon Residents react to a Connecticut resident I known some of them proably forget CT is state
They will say "Welcome to Oregon, enjoy your stay!"

Old 02-25-2014, 01:25 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
.......... I known some of them proably forget CT is state
Really? You know that? Have you done a survey of some sort? Perhaps you haven't been informed that there are schools in Oregon and we get the national news on the television?

Although, I suspect that you aren't going to get any bonus points for being from CT and better educated than us local yokels.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Quote:
Nobody will care. We're not stupid. We do know about Connecticut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon