Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenes2 View Post
hamellr,

Thanks for the excellent tip on "Doc" Hay. I looked up some information on him and it added to my knowledge of northwest history. Unfortunately, the Chinese immigrant's role in the development of the western US hasn't received that much attention in our history books.
The Chinese came to this part of Oregon to mine gold:
Oregon History Project
Chinese Cemetery, Baker City, Baker County, Oregon
In the footsteps of Chinese miners | Baker City Herald | Baker County Oregon's News Leader
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 AM

200 posts, read 508,814 times
karlsch,

We have seen much of Oregon in several trips over the years. However, your referenced historical articles helped renew my interest in seeing northeast Oregon. Thanks for your post.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,622,791 times
Just have to say there's no place like Prairie City (just east of John Day) in the morning or in the evening with the low sun angle on the Strawberry Mountains. Spectacular!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenes2 View Post
karlsch,

We have seen much of Oregon in several trips over the years. However, your referenced historical articles helped renew my interest in seeing northeast Oregon. Thanks for your post.
If you're interested in Oregon History there are a ton of good resources, including my own humble contributions: Oregon History Signs Pacific Northwest Photoblog and History » 3/3 » Hamell.netHamell.net » Page 3

Oregon Encyclopedia - Oregon History and Culture
LOST OREGON | Exploring Oregon's recent past with postcards, photos and words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon