Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Perhaps your husband misunderstood? My 10X10 chicken coop has electrical wiring, and my storage building has electrical wiring. My wood shed also has electrical wiring. All pump houses have electrical wiring. Those tend to be permanent structures. You'd need an electrical permit to install the wiring. Electricity doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you can live in a garden tool shed and it doesn't have anything to do with being permanent or not.

200 square foot would be a generous size. Maybe that is allowed in Klamath County, but mostly what is allowed is 100 square feet or maybe 120 square feet. There is probably a height limit, too.
All Oregon counties allow 200 sqft. for unoccupied utility structures. None allow human occupancy with out an inspection and permits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 05:25 PM

44 posts, read 52,567 times
When I spoke with the Klamath Co. Planning Division yesterday I was told the smallest to expect was 300sf. Which is still pretty small by IRBC code rules.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:18 AM

198 posts, read 344,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchcat View Post
When I spoke with the Klamath Co. Planning Division yesterday I was told the smallest to expect was 300sf. Which is still pretty small by IRBC code rules.
To whom did you speak? When I called them last fall, they told me it was a 225 sq. ft. minimum footprint. Did they change the regs? I hope not, because I have blueprints done for a two-story cabin with a 280 sq. ft. footprint.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:36 PM

44 posts, read 52,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceloveandjulie View Post
To whom did you speak? When I called them last fall, they told me it was a 225 sq. ft. minimum footprint. Did they change the regs? I hope not, because I have blueprints done for a two-story cabin with a 280 sq. ft. footprint.
Bob Hopkins (I believe that was his last name). I am unsure on any changes to the regs. If he was ballparking then your 280 sf may well pass muster.

Keep us updated! Would love to see sketches of your plans!

Old 05-25-2015, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchcat View Post
Bob Hopkins (I believe that was his last name). I am unsure on any changes to the regs. If he was ballparking then your 280 sf may well pass muster.

Keep us updated! Would love to see sketches of your plans!

I spoke with the code enforcement guy Earl something. Don't have my notebook right in front of me, lol. I was going to get my 280 sq. ft. main cabin built and then add on the small section later. Surgery and unexpected complications delayed my timetable and I'm getting a later start on my selling/moving. But I'll give them a call this week. If I have to do it all at once, I guess I will but grrrrr. I wanted to prioritize my time and money on getting the main cabin done first.

I'll do better than a sketch. This is what I'm building. The main cabin will be 14 X 20 and the smaller addition will be 10 X 12 with a sloped, windowed wall on the other side that you can't see. The only difference is that the walls and roof on the main cabin will be adjusted to allow for more headroom in the loft to make it a truly functional second floor.

Last edited by peaceloveandjulie; 05-25-2015 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: Wrong picture info!

Old 05-25-2015, 04:07 AM

Sorry -- obviously, my cabin will be bigger than the one pictured and the lean-to addition will be a different style but you get the general idea. I'm also planning on a block stemwall foundation NOT covered by wood, with concrete footers, of course! I'll have the block waterproofed and, if there's room in the budget, do a stone veneer on the block to make it look good and add some strength. If not immediately, in the future.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:03 PM

400 posts, read 414,062 times
Its verypretty. Peaceloveandjulie I sent you a direct message, you too wythcat. Glad to see you are back Steve.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Wallow View Post
Its verypretty. Peaceloveandjulie I sent you a direct message, you too wythcat. Glad to see you are back Steve.
Got it, Elk Wallow! I'll write later on tonight when I have more time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: