Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 03:59 PM

13 posts, read 47,245 times

Advertisements

A little update:
I knew that my move would take time and money because I had to break a lease in Colorado due to my mom's declining health (heart attack, diabetes, kidney failure,) well, my mom needed full time care and I was the only one out of my siblings to assist my mom. A desicion I don't regret I love my mom.
My credit was affected trememdously as a result. I've contracted a credit recovery agency to help my credit, but like everything in life it will take time. I've submitted an application for an apartment in Hermiston, OR. Before I even filled out the application I tolled them about my credit history and they rejected my application after the fee was paid. I even had a co-signer to increase my chances but they rejected my application.
Is there anyone on this forum that can help me on obtain information for people with bad credit that could apply for a decent appartment? With so many home owners loosing their home and having FORECLOSURE on their credit; how do they have a place to live? Anyone with any information will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 AM

9 posts, read 18,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleron View Post
I think that Hermiston is one of the best places to live. Of course I am biased, I have lived here for about 30 years. The cost of homes is very reasonable, I am a builder, The people here are great. very friendly. It is close to good shopping and dining (about 30 miles.) The weather is probably the best in the state. Winters are usually mild with very little snow. We are 183 miles from Portland, about 230 miles to Spokand wash, about 230 miles to Seattle. The Columbia River is approx 6 miles from here with year around fishing and great for summer fun. There are approximatly 26 churches in this town. If you want good music and very little substance the big church is New Hope, If you want Excellent teaching I'd go to Standfield. The schools here are good. Teachers seem to care and this community is really sports minded. The city government is trying to keep up with the needs of the people and necessary changes. So having said that I hope that you like it here.
I'm trying to locate my Mom from Winston, OR to Hermiston so that she's closer for me to help out. I live in West Richland, WA, 45 mins is much closer than 8 hrs.
So far not finding an apartment for low income senior.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abellanados View Post
A little update:
I knew that my move would take time and money because I had to break a lease in Colorado due to my mom's declining health (heart attack, diabetes, kidney failure,) well, my mom needed full time care and I was the only one out of my siblings to assist my mom. A desicion I don't regret I love my mom.
My credit was affected trememdously as a result. I've contracted a credit recovery agency to help my credit, but like everything in life it will take time. I've submitted an application for an apartment in Hermiston, OR. Before I even filled out the application I tolled them about my credit history and they rejected my application after the fee was paid. I even had a co-signer to increase my chances but they rejected my application.
Is there anyone on this forum that can help me on obtain information for people with bad credit that could apply for a decent appartment? With so many home owners loosing their home and having FORECLOSURE on their credit; how do they have a place to live? Anyone with any information will be greatly appreciated.
Same thing with my Mom, after my Step-Dad passed away 2 years ago, my Mom has struggled trying to pay pymts for his travel trailer and the house pymts. Now the travel trailer has been repossessed and they want money from her anyway and her house goes into Foreclosure this month.
We've been trying to find her an apartment in Hermiston, was told that her foreclosure will not affect her getting an apartment. Hope we find her a place soon!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM

504 posts, read 2,170,267 times
Have no idea if this is what you're looking for, but they have places in the area, and they may be able to answer questions or help look.

Retirement Living Communities | Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing - Prestige Care, Inc

Why not Tri-Cities? They have lots more medical and housing than Hermiston. We had a horrible time trying to find a rental in Pendleton. There seems to be a big shortage here. Not sure about Hermiston though.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:41 AM

Thank you, I will check with that site and see what info they may have for her. Cheaper to live in Oregon than WA for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon