Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 01:08 AM

5,762 posts, read 11,605,791 times

Advertisements

Link to the raw data (http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/tables/CO-EST2007-01-41.csv - broken link)

Overall, the Census department estimates that Oregon gained somewhat more than 56,000 people between July 2006 and July 2007, edging the state's population up close to 3.75 million.

The strongest growth came in the state's major metro areas. Multnomah County (Portland) gained about 14,600 people; Lane (Eugene) gained 3,000; Marion (Salem) gained over 4,300, Deschutes (Bend and Redmond) gained an impressive 5,000; Linn/Benton counties (Albany and Corvallis) gained about 3,400; and Jackson (Medford and Ashland) gained nearly 2,500.

Some counties along the coast (Curry and Coos) and out in the east (Harney, Gilliam, Morrow, Wheeler, Grant, and Baker) had estimated population losses, along with Polk (Dallas area) out west.

Counties of suburban Portland also had strong gains - Washington (Hillsboro, Beaverton) gained over 9,300, and Clackamas (Milwaukee, Lake Oswego, Tualatin, Wilsonville) gained nearly 4,800. Yamhill (McMinnville, Newberg) gained about 2,800.

Proportionately, the Bend region was the biggest gainer, and rural Gilliam lost the most. Metro Portland's growth was quite strong, especially when you consider additional gains of about 8,800 people in Washington's Clark County (Vancouver).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 AM

19 posts, read 87,089 times
Thumbs up Good info

Hey there, Tablemtn!

Thanks for passing this on. Went to the link as I was curious about Curry county; loss of apx 187. That could explain why 'For Sale' signs are popping up all over. It's not news to anyone that we are in the midst of a buyer's market. Bad news for someone like me who is considering putting my home up for sale here in Brookings. Rather disheartening since I know that I can't hope to get the price for my home that I could have fetched, say, maybe two years ago. Guess it comes down to the 'hard and fast' rule of supply vs. demand. Then again, checked out growth of Lincoln county (Newport) which is an area of interest as far as relocation. Growth in the past year was only 243 so depending on the number of homes on the market there, it could very well be a 'wash' in terms of my sale price vs. a purchase there.

Whaddya think???????

Old 03-23-2008, 07:05 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,025,437 times
It's important to consider these estimates with those of the Population Research Center at Portland State University. Sometimes they are diametrically opposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon