Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 06:50 PM

5 posts, read 4,661 times

Advertisements

Hey folks , this goes out to K-Falls / Chiloquin area . We're looking at properties up your way . We're currently in Northern Nevada nr. Reno . Housing has gotten so bad here that we've decided to try out K-Falls area . We've been residents of Oregon in the past for me since 78' (we really do know how to pronounce "Ory-GUN" ) ! We are concentrating on the K-Falls area , but need a place to park for escrow to finish . We have 2 large dogs (Greyhound / Great Pyrenees-Collie , A Sheltie and a Rat-"Terror" . All very good dogs . Are there cabins or something similar that we can rent 2-6 weeks (Lodge ?) or if stretching it a bit a 30' camper if it comes to that (again, long term , not daily) .

Thanks ,
Dusty Dunes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 08:31 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
Rentals are not as tight in Klamath Falls as they are in the rest of Oregon, so you should be able to find something, and because rentals are not tight the dogs shouldn't be as much of an issue as they are elsewhere. Finding a rental in the Chiloquin area might be difficult just because there are so few. But there are a lot of houses for sale that might be available as a rental - the average time on market out that way is over 3 years.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 06-06-2018, 01:00 PM

Question Details .....

Thanks PNW ! I guess I was clear as mud . We're wanting to buy up around Chiloquin/K-Falls . Once we get into escrow down here I'd like to come up there to look at properties for a few days . But ,, if we have some lag time before escrow closes up there we'll be bringing our dogs and we may need some extended lodging / camping area if I need to buy a trailer . Escrow's down here are typically 15 days , so I know we may have maybe 30 days up your way to close . So I guess I'm asking what would be a good camp ground or lodging for our situation ?
Thanks ,
Dusty Dunes

Old 06-06-2018, 01:57 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
When we were building our house on Agency Lake, we stayed at the Collier State Park near Chiloquin and across from the logging museum. Very close to the road, but it is a nice state park with showers. I think state parks are limited to 2 weeks, but there is also a primitive NFS campground a little further down the same entry road. There are also campground up by Diamond Lake.

I know there are several private campgrounds in the area, you might check on rvparkreviews to see what people thought of them.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 06-06-2018, 06:29 PM

218 posts, read 244,766 times
Never mind Chiloquin. Agency Lake or Rocky Point might work better. You may want to check out Keno, Bonanza, Bly Mtn. or Sprague River. I know of some properties/homes, some good deals in those areas.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:18 PM

Thanks very much !!! It's hard not knowing an area and just "pop up" and buy something . We did that quite some time ago in the Ozarks , turned out very bad . We're both partially disabled and need to stick around doctors , VA facilities, even out clinics . My wife doesn't want Bend , La Pine , too big and too far from her Doc's in Medford . We don't want to live in that corner of the state again (several times) . So ,, in a nutshell , buy a nice trailer up there off of C/L and ,, find some good grounds and park until we close ( I would not win the award for " Best to have as neighbor 12' away " we need space ,. not a lot but some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon