Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 PM

5 posts, read 16,202 times

Advertisements

hello..is Hillsboro A Great Place To Be. I Am Looking To Relocate. I Can Adapt To Any Way Of Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
There have been a lot of recent threads about Hillsboro. Do a search and you will find them. I am also interested in Hillsboro and will be headed out that way in a few weeks to check it out.

The Orenco station area and the NE side above the FWY is recommended a lot. Where as some of the western parts have been known to have more problems with gangs, etc... from what I read in these threads.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 PM

112 posts, read 716,587 times
Default Hillsboro

I guess the short answer would be...Yes. Hillsboro is a great place to relocate. Especially if you can adapt to any way of life as you say. Depending on where you're coming from, and what you expect might tell you how much of a stretch your adaptation may be. I need more info to really give you advice on the subject. What is it you're looking for in a move? Have you been to Hillsboro? Family? Kids?

Speaking from my own perspective, I like Hillsboro alot. My reasons are because it seems very clean, yet has a little of everything like a bigger city. In addition to that, it's relative closeness to Portland make it a great place to live if you want to enjoy the city life, or the increased happenings, culture and night life that a city provides, yet living in an area with a clean, safe hometown feel that also offers many of the larger city type ammenities. That's what I like about Hillsboro. To me, it has a nice balance.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:39 PM

4 posts, read 21,187 times
check out the spring meadows neighborhood if you have kids. walking to elem,middle and highschool. I commute to work everyday and the drive is so relaxing.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
I like Hillsboro a lot too. I came to Portland planning to live in close in NE or SE. Honestly I couldn't say that it felt much, much different from parts of NYC like, say, east Queens or Staten Island. Hillsboro in contrast felt like Cold Spring or Beacon which are similar distances from the New York city center as Hillsboro is from Downtown but you don't need a $12.00 Metro North ticket AND a $2.00 MTA ticket to get to and from Hillsboro! Furthermore the trip can be done in under 1 hour while it would be a stretch to imagine getting into Manhattan from Westchester under 90 min and you probably should allow 120 min to really cover yourself.

East Hillsboro, the area that is so hot right now is fairly denuded and if not aggressively residential is aggressively commercial. I can only speak for what I see from the MAX stations that pass through East Hillsboro but the whole point to me is to live close to MAX so as not to have to 'Park and Ride'. West Hillsboro is more Hispanic influenced if that is possible but I haven't found a single Hispanic in the dozens I have met that wasn't simply going about his or her business with no desire to do me any harm. Gang issues are quite simply a non-issue. I wouldn't know where or how to find a gang in Hillsboro, Hispanic or otherwise.

H

Old 08-21-2008, 06:46 PM

41 posts, read 144,150 times
Just came back from a long weekend trip to Portland/Beaverton/Tigard/Hillsboro. Hillsboro definitely WON US OVER! What a wonderful town. The ORENCO STATION area and TANASBOURNE area seem like GREAT places to live. It's sort of a live, work, play type of town. And getting to & from downtown Portland was so easy. We drove during non-busy times, so it wasn't so bad as far as traffic. Check out Hillsboro. Very nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon