U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-09-2011, 12:58 PM

351 posts, read 249,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiestare View Post
People, we are totally being trolled.
Maybe you wish, but no I am not a troll, and I am not on meds, and I am not crazy, and I am not a loon.

And yes, the attorney is putting words in my mouth and saying that I have expressed viewpoints that I did not express, which is basically his full time job in his chosen profession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM

62 posts, read 6,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
Well, if you are an attorney, you should read more carefully, and stop putting words in my mouth. Oh yeah, that's what they teach attorneys to do in law school. I forgot they teach attorneys to twist the truth. That explains a lot.
No, they just train attorneys to remember every detail. Perhaps you should remember the details of what you say, then you won't be twisted up in your own words. I'm really not expending much effort in twisting you up.

End of recipe:

stir thoroughly.
let cool on counter. Just not on window-sill, cuz then quickstudy will lose his wits over the CCR violation. Call the Supreme Court!

Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM

15,940 posts, read 15,500,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiestare View Post
People, we are totally being trolled.
Metlakatla, that pasta sounds delicious.

The other day I ran outa milk but wanted pancakes, and so I present to you, My New Favorite Pancakes:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 cup yogurt
1/8 cup water + additional water per consistency preference
bowl of fruit

Directions

* In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
* Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot buttered griddle. Sprinkle with fruit (handful of blackberries per cake, yummo). Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
* To freeze, arrange cooled pancakes in a single layer on sheet pans. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
* To use frozen pancakes: Place pancake on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 40-50 seconds or until heated through.
Yield: 6 pancakes or 3 servings.
Thanks...makes me want blackberry pancakes now.

The salmon pasta recipe is also quite yum with smoked black cod.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM

351 posts, read 249,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by califorlorn View Post
No, they just train attorneys to remember every detail.
Right. First comes the remembering of every detail part, then comes the twisting part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by califorlorn View Post
stir thoroughly.
let cool on counter. Just not on window-sill, cuz then quickstudy will lose his wits over the CCR violation. Call the Supreme Court!
Yeah, right, because somewhere in this thread I suggested that I don't want people cooling their food on their kitchen window sill. Which post # was that again?

Attorneys, you gotta love 'em.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:43 PM

12,485 posts, read 8,622,380 times
Many of the good folks of the PNW spent several lustrum tent camping it, when younger. Their eyes have had the extreme pleasure to behold the beauty of the mountains, deserts, forests, waterways, beaches, etc. Awesome memories.

As the years roll by you still love camping & fishin' but your bones yearn for the comfort of a mattress to sleep on, a fancy stove, refrig, water heater, comfy furniture, etc.
So folks may buy a 5th wheel, pull trailer, truck camper, or motorhome, to enjoy these outdoor activities, & enjoy your nights sleep too.

One of the reasons i bought land way out in the boonies, on the side of a beautiful, forested mountain, is to have plenty of room to park my ol' motorhome, where ever i wanna...

&
my
boats
pickemup trucks

Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 PM

13,437 posts, read 10,071,590 times
Quote:
Do I walk down the streets of Portland and see people with 20 piercings and covered with tattoos from top to bottom and think they are "crazy" or that they are the "scum of the earth"? No, I do not. That's not what I would do to myself, but they are free to do as they please without me casting judgment.
These tattooed people are not telling you to tattoo yourself as you would tell others how to maintain their lawns or yards.

So people who don't keep their yards the way you would like them to are not free to do as they please without your casting judgement?

If Oregon isn't for you, why not just move on? Obviously you criticize and disapprove of conditions here more than you praise them. It just doesn't look like the town you are searching for will have all the minutia of requirements you demand.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:27 PM

43 posts, read 113,561 times
These types conversations are all alike.

The homophobic: Let me dictate what you do behind closed doors.
Us: No.
The homophobic: Wahh! You're being intolerant of my beliefs!

The evangelical christian: Let me dictate all the ways you're goin to hell.
The evangelical christian: Wahh! You're being intolerant of my beliefs!

The creationist: Let me dictate what type of science is taught to your kids.
The creationist: Wahh! You're being intolerant of my beliefs!

The HOA enthusiast: Let me dictate what you can do with your own property.
The HOA enthusiast: Wahh! You're being intolerant of my beliefs!

Whatever.

And btw - my gutter is half hanging off my house. Had an Al Bundy moment and that gutter was a nice intermediate before hitting the ground. You know, I think I'll leave it hanging. Scare off those east coasters.

And lawlz:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickStudy178 View Post
And yes, the attorney is putting words in my mouth and saying that I have expressed viewpoints that I did not express.
pot, kettle

Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM

3,568 posts, read 4,126,949 times
Oregon doesn't have enough concentrated wealth to develop a servant class. Servants are necessary to maintain a manicured community. If someone perchance is wealthy enough to maintain a manicured estate, they don't do it in town. If you don't like how the neighbors look, just buy everything in sight.

That said, there are some very nice neighborhoods, mostly river or lake front properties.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM

10,850 posts, read 18,116,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Oregon doesn't have enough concentrated wealth to develop a servant class. Servants are necessary to maintain a manicured community. If someone perchance is wealthy enough to maintain a manicured estate, they don't do it in town. If you don't like how the neighbors look, just buy everything in sight.

That said, there are some very nice neighborhoods, mostly river or lake front properties.

It isn't just about wealth, it is about tax dollars. To maintain street trees, city parks, and sidewalks costs a lot of money. Oregonians aren't fond of taxes. The taxes paid in New York and New Jersey are crazy high by most standards and that is what is paying for the community that quickstudy wants. if we raised property taxes 100% we'd have lots of great sidewalks, street trees, and parks.

Quickstudy, despite that fact that you disagree with it, there aren't enough people in Oregon that think like you to take over an entire city. There just aren't. Ashland is probably the most restrictive city, and Sisters has rules about downtown and homes that are built but neither of them would still meet your criteria.

The east and west coasts developed in unique ways and the culture that is prevalent on the east coast that makes you happy just isn't the same here. I don't know why you are so stuck on this and keep insisting the people of Oregon are intolerant because no one has taken over a town like you want? No one has done it because there isn't enough demand for it. So you can make peace with the fact that there are many neighborhoods all over Oregon that would make you happy, but your viewpoint is just in the minority here. Like, I said...if Oregon had 19 million people, we might have your dream city here.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:11 PM

62 posts, read 6,765 times
Problem solved, quickstudy!

Billionaire Seeks to Unload a Private Island - Yahoo! Real Estate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon