Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:22 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,187 times

Advertisements

Okay, im gonna give this a try...bear with me!!
Tiffany

Last edited by tiffela74; 05-28-2008 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 05:26 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
tiffela74, lovely shots...looks like you've got a gymnast on your hands! Whereabouts were these taken?

Old 05-26-2008, 05:26 PM

okay, it worked...cool. Sorry, most have my girls in them, but I was taking these in mind w/my kids, not sharing as local photo opps. lol So, just peek around my girls, and theres some pics of around where I live.
1) viewpoint about 3miles N. of Florence
2) up by Strawberry Hill
3) By Seal Rocks
4) Depoe Bay
5) my fav. beach cove, at Shore Acres State park
6) path by Shore Acres
7)fountain at Shore Acres
8) part of pond area at Shore Acres
now, 1-4 were all taken early April and 5-8 were all this weekend......
nope, i did NOT photo shop the blue skies, and yes, thats truly along the Oregon Coast. lol Pretty, eh?
Tiffany

Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM

lol, ya SeeBee, she is actually in competitive gymnastics....one of the youngest in the state. thats one of my fav. pics of her, i got a hard copy of it on my desk now.
And thanks for the compliment on the pics.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:39 PM

actually, the 4th one might not be by Depoe Bay, might actually be just outskirts S. of yachats.....duhrrrrrr.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,371 times
Hey thanks! Those are beautiful.
What's with that blue sky? You sure you didn't touch them up? LOL.
What is Shore Acres?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,686,935 times
Tiffany,

These are great!!! I am glad you figured out the posting because as they say a picture is worth a thousand words! And in your case maybe 10,000.

Those look like many of the spots we visited on our trip as well. The only problem is you are showing sun instead of Gloom... LOL. And in April and May no less. It is good to finally see the things to which you speak of - like nice weather in the non summer months.

Shore Acres is really a beautiful place along with Cape Arago. We actually saw a whale and weren't even whale watching at the Cape. It must be nice to live near so much beauty. I will post some from our coast trip soon as well.

Thanks for sharing,

Derek

Old 05-26-2008, 10:25 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,852,865 times
Your girls look very happy and healthy Tiffela. The little one makes standing on her head look easy. I don't think I'll try it though.
Yes I still like seeing photos of the coast even though I live here. Somedays can just be beautiful here.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
lol, ya SeeBee, she is actually in competitive gymnastics....one of the youngest in the state. thats one of my fav. pics of her, i got a hard copy of it on my desk now.
And thanks for the compliment on the pics.
Years ago I was affiliated a classical ballet teacher who had connections to the Kirov, and New York City Ballet, and many theatre productions. (Not too many details here; it is a lifetime and a world away). So, it's kind of cool (to me, that is) that I can still spot that kind of balletic/gymnastic talent from a mile away. She looks very determined, and happy to be doing it - the most important part, of course. There's my three second eval!!! Good luck to her!

I know those beautiful blue skies are all natural, too. Within the next week or so, my friend and I are going to his house in Neskowin...I hope to get some beach shots, too! Nice work, tiffela74, and we'd be delighted to see more beautiful beach pictures when you can!!

LOL, that's pretty funny about how the sun got into the pictures!

Thanks, again!

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 05-26-2008 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: word correction

Old 05-26-2008, 10:56 PM

thanks! Its all the wonderful beach air! lol I love raising my kids here!
ya, she makes a lot of stuff in gymnastics look easier than it is...just remember, they bounce much better at 6! lol
Thats cool SeeBee! Ya, shes definatly a natural, and comes with a natural and amazing grace she sure as heck did NOT get from me! lol
Enjoy your vacation!! Cant wait to see pics! Hope its beautiful for you there too!

nope, no re-touching at all!(promise!!) lol Just a clear and natural Oregon coast sky....although there are a few whispy clouds here and there I think....should we call it partly cloudy? lol

Im glad you got to see a whale Derek! Thats an awesome experience! how nice of one to saunter on by even though it wasnt on the schedule! LOL Mustve done it just to add something way cool to your trip! lucky you, theres too many people in the world that have never seen such a sight....

Shore Acres is one of my fav. spots along the entire Oregon coast. Im so lucky to live so very close by!!! As you can see in the picture, theres pathways among the blooms, the rhodies are blooming, and other flowers are following. It smelled SOOooooo good!! I love it too when the roses are blooming....theres a great variety of blooms there, and its simply breathtaking....then, after touring the gardens, take the path to the viewpoints, or to the cove....or if you wish, theres trails that range along the cliffs, amazing and beyond description. Oh, and in the winter, during the holidays, the gardens are done up in moving lights. Way cool. there a website for Shore acres... just google it. I know theres some stuff on Youtube too...

Tiff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon