U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:33 PM

2,096 posts, read 5,788,410 times
Lovely Pics!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM

528 posts, read 572,371 times
Thank you, nephthys, for the wonderful photos.

Tiff, it was great to hear about your road trip and I look forward to seeing your photos too.

I wonder what the value is of the houses pictured? Are they actually in the town of Bandon?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:46 PM

537 posts, read 1,388,022 times
As far as a know, even the older houses... if they are ocean front just the land is 1.5 Million. I only know this because my boyfriends parents just sold a house they owned there. Those houses are in Bandon, on Beach Loop Rd I believe.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:00 PM

528 posts, read 572,371 times
Thank you nephthys....A few weeks ago I was searching for homes and came up with one that looked so interesting-in Depoe Bay, and it was $499,00 and I thought "what must be wrong with it?" because I thought it would be more, especially since it was oceanfront.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,777,798 times
Prev I lived in Oregon, went to parts of the coast, don't miss the dunes or the sea lions, i liked the town of jacksonville, tho I don't know if it is more inland, and I know there is a lighthouse, and I rode on some kind of old little boat/clipper that had history to it, i enjoyed that alot. I loved the pine's growing along the hillside by the ocean.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:32 PM

90 posts, read 102,111 times
Beautiful pictures!

I grew up in E. Oregon and attended college near Salem, so friends and i would often take weekend jaunts over to the coast. Wonderful memories and I've always been partial to the Oregon coast, despite preferring sunnier and warmer climes.

I'm considering a move to the S. Oregon coast one day ....

Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM

414 posts, read 1,095,258 times
We were looking in Newport and Florence this past week at various properties. But... the weather was not very nice and it's August. It's not supposed to be too nice next week either. Is this the norm? I know it's stormy in the winter and would expect that but.. in the summer?

Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 PM

1,849 posts, read 4,602,880 times
I went up the coast this past week and it was gloomy. It'll happen once in while during summer. Today here in the Bay area it is warm, and sunny. Yesterday was gloomy and we had some light rain last night.
Mostly it's alright during summer. After we went up the coast we drove over to Portland and it was gloomy too. There are just going to be a few days like that.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:58 AM

2,096 posts, read 5,788,410 times
it varies a lot! I was down on the docks, getting fresh tuna yesterday, and my little one and i were both in tank tops, it wasnt HOT persay, but it was lovely out!!! I called my folks up in the Portland area, to see if they wanted some tuna too, and they said it was drizzling there! Looks like another nice one here today, i was out getting the dogs fresh water and its warm and hardly a breeze. Course, you could go 30min. in any direction and get totally different weather. who knows...tomorrow it could rain....always be prepared for anything.
Tiffany

Old 08-10-2008, 08:38 PM

204 posts, read 447,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcguy View Post
For the camping purists, try Oswald West State Park off the west side of Highway 101 between Manzanita and Arch Cape (south of Cannon Beach). It is the BEST state park campground in the country (IMHO). You park up top and then take the hike down hill (about 1/2 mile switch-back) to the campground. Large wheelbarrows are provided for your gear.
This is probably too late for the OP's trip, but Oswald West State Park is closed to camping due to a problem with a tree that fell, and other trees in danger of falling. It is being used as a day use area only for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon