Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 05:47 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,852,865 times

Advertisements

Hi people I'd like to get a list going of good vacation destinations in Oregon. This could be cities, places with things to do or state parks. Please add some ideas for people interested in taking a vacation in Oregon. Thanks!

Last edited by Waterlily; 02-23-2007 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: spellin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2007, 06:48 PM

3 posts, read 14,501 times
Default Collier Memorial State Park and Logging Museum

Just 30 miles north of Klamath Falls on Hwy 97. 5 miles north of Chiloquin.
Great fishing, walking, bird watching.
Drive to Crater Lake in about 45 minutes.
Enjoy the Logging Museum at Collier Park. It's free. Fun for the whole family.
RV and Tent spaces at Collier Park. Affordable.
This is a good place for a family to spend some time. Many due.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:49 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,852,865 times
Default Columbia River Gorge

Well that sounds like an interesting area to see.

One trip that I like is through the Columbia River Gorge. Just take the I-84 east from Portland. It'll follow the river most of the way. Stop at the off ramp for Moltnamoh Falls. You can hike up just a little to a bridge for walking and see the falls close up. If you want alonger hike the trail leads on up to the top of the falls.

Getting back on the I-84 you may see Mt. Hood to the southeast.. Going on down the road will lead you into the town of Hood River. During the summer when the wind blows you can watch the wind surfers out on the River. Hood River is a small town with shops,motels and resturants.

It makes a nice weekend trip from Portland. You can also take the road up toward Mt. Hood.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:23 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Hood River used to have a steam train that would take visitors to Parkdale and back. Very nice tour of the orchards and Mt. Hood too.

The Oregon Coast is a great place to visit, where there are the paddle cars to ride on the beach. Cannon Beach is where we used to go for that. There is an animal safari place going south along the coast highway and the Oregon Caves as well even further south, forget exactly where.

Crater Lake is a must see, really the most beautiful and deep blue I have ever seen!

So much to do in beautiful Oregon. I miss it! Just not the constant rain...

Old 02-23-2007, 02:11 PM

112 posts, read 716,381 times
Even though this has been mentioned, you can't make a trip to Oregon without stopping by Crater Lake. While up in the Cascades, there are several waterfalls and hiking trails right off the highway. Look for road signs! Back in the valley's there are several vineyards and wineries that offer tours and wine tasting. And then ofcourse there's the coast, which offers camping, yurting, crabbing, charter fishing, and all sorts of things to do. If you like hiking and waterfalls, Silverton Falls is a great way to spend a day. You can hike the 8+ miles and see the parks several waterfalls. One of my favorite cacation destinations in Oregon is Astoria, and Seaside. Driving up or down the coast on US-101 is a breathtaking experience on a clear sunny day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon