Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2006, 06:04 PM

393 posts, read 1,878,620 times

Advertisements

I think I could tolerate the rainy days, but not sure about the dampness! Does Eugene get damp ? Or is that mainly on the coastal part of OR?

The worst feeling is crawling into a bed with wet sheets from dampness!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2006, 03:43 AM

43 posts, read 345,517 times
What do you mean by damp? I've never heard of crawling into wet sheets unless you were outside in the rain? I've lived on the coast and the valley in both Oregon as well as Southern California and have never heard of that.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:14 AM

10 posts, read 35,241 times
Default Damp sheets?

You have not lived in England, I take it! When I was little, my brothers and I would bundle ourselves in flannel jammies and itchy woolen socks and my mother would put bed warmers in between all the sheets to take the cold, damp edge off so we could get to sleep. We lived in an ancient, huge, drafty, inefficiently heated Chronicles of Narnia-type house however, so I'm sure with updated insulation and heating the situation's improved. (Does this make me sound old as shale??? It was ONLY 30 years ago

Old 07-17-2006, 11:37 AM

1,312 posts, read 6,458,827 times
That sounds like a defect of a home that doesn't have adequate vapor barriers. Dampness is a characteristic more common in climates that get rainfall in summer such as the upper midwest. Central heating tends to dry homes out in the winter (often excessively), and summers are dry in Oregon already, so dampness is not common inside homes.
Regionally, Oregon has a reputation for being humid due to comparison with our arid neighbors: California, Nevada and Idaho...yeah...we have higher relative humidity than they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: