Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,652 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the best Mexican food restaurant is in the Brookings/Gold Beach area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 AM

43 posts, read 345,186 times
I know of three really good Mexican restaurants down there in Brookings.

Rubio's is really good. It's real comfortable, and they serve homemade Mexican food. Most meals are less than $10. They even have a drive-up window (it's not fast food though). It's located in north Brookings

Another really good one is Rancho Viejo. It's located in North Brookings, almost right across from Rubio's.

Torero's is also pretty good, reasonably priced Mexican food. Down by the harbor/port.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:10 PM

240 posts, read 1,282,360 times
Default Best Mex...

Rubio's is no longer called Rubio's but, after a major remodelling, has changed its name to "Pancho's." It is co-owned now, too. I only went to Rubio's once prior to the remodelling, but have since gone back many times. It is, I believe, the "best" Mexican restaurant in Brookings. I can't speak of Gold Beach because I've never gone to a Mexican restaurant there.

Rancho Viejo, which is 'almost' across the street, was the Mexican Restaurant I used to go to prior to Pancho's. I really like the people who run Rancho Viejo, especially the very friendly manager, but after experiencing a 'soapy' or 'metallic' taste in the guacamole, I became wary of the food there. I never got sick, but, it just turned my stomach and I never felt comfortable with the food after that.

Torero's in Harbor (southern part of the Brookings area, along the Port) has some fairly good dishes but I have to question the cleanliness of the place. If you're not confident that things are clean and sanitary, you can't enjoy the food regardless of how good it is.

I recommend Pancho's over all, but stay away from the burritos. The flour tortillas are way too doughy/mushy. I guess it's the way they cook them (microwave?).

Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 28,047 times
I dined at Panchos on Saturday (Cinco de Mayo) as a matter of fact. Chili relano was pretty good and my wife's Chicken Fajita salad was great.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,942 times
Thumbs up Best Mexican restaurant in Brookings, Oregon

Pancho's Restaurante y Cantina on Highway 101, at the northern edge of Brookings, is by far the best Mexican food restaurant in the area. Great food, wonderful ambience, friendly service, quite clean, very fair prices, and a happy hour that begins at three! Check out the beautiful, cozy 12-person myrtle wood bar. Outdoor patio seating too.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 AM

15 posts, read 66,314 times
Avoid La Flor De Mexico. The service is awful (can't attest to the food as didn't wait around to see). Should've read reviews online first. Will know better next time we travel through that way.

(Yes, I realize this is an older thread but it appears to still be very valid according to review sites online, and since it places well in Google thought I'd add my two cents to help others.)

Last edited by Peanutt; 07-27-2010 at 02:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: