Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:55 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times

Advertisements

I know little about gangs, but I do know that when we lived in Eugene there was a group of kids who would put razor blades in the grass at local playgrounds. It happened again and again. Also, a few times raw meat sprinkled with rat poison was found in areas where it is popular for people to walk their dog's.

I have read in the newspaper that there is a large white supremacist presence in the area. Personally, I'd rather tolerate funny looking bouncy cars and too much loud bass and spray painting and tags on building's and trains than to have to raise my children around racism. It's everywhere, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 08:39 PM

23 posts, read 94,258 times
You would rather live with spray painting and tagging of buildings and loud obnoxios music than a group of people being proud of there race? Go live in the Ghetto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I know little about gangs, but I do know that when we lived in Eugene there was a group of kids who would put razor blades in the grass at local playgrounds. It happened again and again. Also, a few times raw meat sprinkled with rat poison was found in areas where it is popular for people to walk their dog's.

I have read in the newspaper that there is a large white supremacist presence in the area. Personally, I'd rather tolerate funny looking bouncy cars and too much loud bass and spray painting and tags on building's and trains than to have to raise my children around racism. It's everywhere, though.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 AM

66 posts, read 254,564 times
Do you have a clue what "supremacist" means? Being proud of your race is different than advocating that one race is better or supreme over another.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:43 AM

840 posts, read 6,514,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-4X Titan1 View Post
Go live in the Ghetto.
You won't find one in Oregon.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:09 PM

875 posts, read 1,092,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I wouldn't say that Eastern Oregon gang activity is only in Pendleton and Ontario. Here in Baker City a gang of Red Hat Ladies is very active, often trying to take over bingo nights at the senior citizen center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Society
LOL That's hilarious!!!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Cap Chew View Post
Do you have a clue what "supremacist" means? Being proud of your race is different than advocating that one race is better or supreme over another.
Usually when the term white supremist is put in the newspapers, it's not a positive thing, and is associated with radical groups who are known for their racism and violence.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-4X Titan1 View Post
You would rather live with spray painting and tagging of buildings and loud obnoxios music than a group of people being proud of there race? Go live in the Ghetto.
Hello?? White supremists aren't just proud of their race, they're incredibly racist and extremely violent.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko3 View Post
No seriously, I know what a gang is...and the only area of Oregon that you might run into such activity would be certain areas of Portland, maybe Salem. Graffitti is not a problem other than on freight trains that roll through. Coming from Southern Cal, you're definately notice the lack of gang activity. The closest thing most of these smaller cities have to gangs are groups of skaters, and they're not gang members.
Southern Oregon and northern CA, have bigger fish to fry; they have illegals who are running cartels that not only manufacture meth, they grow massive amounts of pot in the mountains. They use local illegals to be their grunts, and threaten to harm their families in Mexico if they don't cooperate.

I literally ran into a group of them in the mountains above the Applegate Valley, early in the winter of 2005. It was only by God's grace that I was allowed to turn my car around and leave safely - they were toting rifles!

I reported it to the Sheriff's Office as soon as I got back to the valley floor, who said they knew they were closer to the CA border and were watching them, but didn't know they were that far north.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
Wow! I apologize. When I spoke of a "white supremacist presence" I think perhaps I didn't choose my words very well. I myself am white, my husband is half Asian and half Irish. My family has a mix of African American, Native American, English, French and Spanish. I am all for people being proud of who they are and where they come from. But what I was referring to was a group I became familiar with while living in Oregon who consisted of all white-skinned people who would do mean and ugly things to people who weren't white - mainly they seemed to pick out black-skinned people. Things like spraying grafitti on their driveways/fences/cars/houses and some fights and violence-related crimes. I feel it's one thing to be a white person and be happy in your skin and proud of your family and all that... but I do not agree that having a certain color of skin gives anyone the right to treat others who don't share the same color of skin with disrespect in any fashion. Just as men and women should be treated with equal respect regardless of the fact that women can give birth and provide milk for their babies and men cannot. Men have other talents!

Anyway - I am sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM

34 posts, read 128,956 times
Haggard...you're terrific...okay I guess we can keep men around for a little while longer...as long as they don't get out of line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon