U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 PM

126 posts, read 426,849 times
Default Help Planning Trip

Hey everbody, We are planning a trip to explore the areas of/between Portland up through Seattle/areas. We have about 7 days. I'm wondering if anyone has a good trip itinerary, to encompass good sights on both ends, like checking out Cannon beach,OR; sights in Portland/Vancouver/Columbia River, etc and then working our way up to Seattle? Or vice versa.
Would you fly into Seattle and work your way down and fly out of PDX, or vice versa? Does it matter?
We could also fly into PDX, drive up to the Seattle areas and then loop around and fly back out of PDX....
Is there much of a "coastal drive between these areas or is it better to stay on the 5 and see the cities along that route?
And what are your most definitely check this out while your here, in OR spots? I have been doing a lot of research and there is just so much to do and see, it would be nice to get an insider's opinion.
Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to miss out on good opportunities...

Thanks and have a great day!

PS: We are more nature, less touristy- attraction type people,but of course we would like to check out the local color/attractions, etc.
Plus we are using this trip to check out locales we may possibly be moving to in the upcoming future....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 AM

1,849 posts, read 4,502,720 times
Just driving between Portland and Seattle there's not too much to see. Oh a lot of trees and some towns. You'd need to take roads elsewhere to see something interesting.
Take i-84 out to the Gorge and stop at the big waterfall. Follow it out to see the town of Hood River and see Mt. Hood which is usually covered in snow at 11,000 feet high.

Choose a route to go over to the beach and highway 101. There's lots of small beach towns and really good scenery.

Go out to the Bend area to see what the Cascade mountains area looks like.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM

126 posts, read 426,849 times
Thanks, Waterlily, that's what I'm looking for. We are thinking a more coastal route would be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon