U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
 
7 posts, read 13,567 times
Reputation: 11
Default Where is the best places to live in central Florida

I and my husband is looking to relocate to Central Florida. However, I am looking for a great town that has everything I am looking for. Listed below is what I am looking for, can some one help me on this?


1.Place to rasie kids
2. Great schools
3. Low crime
4. Near shopping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 4,061,103 times
Reputation: 1734
Plenty of places fit that bill. Can you be more specific as to what size city, or whether you'd like to be near the coasts or not? Do you have a particular city in mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
 
4,867 posts, read 4,985,089 times
Reputation: 4207
I like Apopka. Or Oviedo. I wouldn't live anywhere else in central FL.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-04-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 11:08 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 4,061,103 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I like Apopka. Or Oviedo. I wouldn't live anywhere else in central FL. Moderator cut: original content deleted by poster
stop giving out irresponsible advice like that on this forum. There are plenty of safe places to live, even within Orlando (Windermere, Dr Phillips, Winter Park, Celebration etc.).

Last edited by Granny Sue; 07-07-2010 at 08:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 11:10 PM
 
4,867 posts, read 4,985,089 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
stop giving out irresponsible advice like that on this forum. There are plenty of safe places to live, even within Orlando (Windermere, Dr Phillips, Winter Park, Celebration etc.).
Your right. I shouldn't have put it like that. I don't know why I even said that looking back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
 
3,227 posts, read 1,673,624 times
Reputation: 1467
I would think a good method is to draw up a list of items that are most important. Schools number 1 vs location from job? Buying a smaller cheaper home might allow you to put your children into a good private school vs a larger home with higher real estate taxes, insurance, maintenance costs but have to use the public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2010, 08:38 AM
 
4,749 posts, read 4,061,103 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I would think a good method is to draw up a list of items that are most important. Schools number 1 vs location from job? Buying a smaller cheaper home might allow you to put your children into a good private school vs a larger home with higher real estate taxes, insurance, maintenance costs but have to use the public schools.
There are plenty of good public school options in central FL, so I wouldn't knock having to send your kids to public school.

The private schools in the area where I grew up were religiously-affiliated (which I didnt care for) and didn't have the rigorous things like AP and IB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 AM
 
2 posts, read 8,864 times
Reputation: 11
Chopchop you sound like you have social agenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 AM
 
4,749 posts, read 4,061,103 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
There are plenty of good public school options in central FL, so I wouldn't knock having to send your kids to public school.

The private schools in the area where I grew up were religiously-affiliated (which I didnt care for) and didn't have the rigorous things like AP and IB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mredtth View Post
Chopchop you sound like you have social agenda
Doesn't everyone have some sort of agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, FL
7 posts, read 12,381 times
Reputation: 18
No, everyone does not have an agenda. Some "things" are more important than others, depending on who/what you are. It would be a very boring world if we were all the same, wouldn't it ? Viva le difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top