Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 10:25 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times

Advertisements

Posted this on the Florida forum and thought it might go over better here, where everyone is a bit more familiar with the area. Some of these are my personal experiences, and some I got from others. Hope you enjoy:

...You haven't paid for Disney tickets in years because you know enough people who work there to get you in free.

...While driving, you wear sunglasses if it's raining because you can see better .

...You think every city has perfectly landscaped highway medians that could be featured in Home and Garden Magazine.

...You know it's about to rain since it's 3pm.

...When talking about the good old days, you reference the 1990's.

...Only you are aloud to call it "O-town", and anyone else who does will get smacked.

...You remember when Church Street was know for Terror & Rosie's not Antigua, Latitudes, Chillers, and Makos.

...You have sat next to Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, or any other Backstreet Boy at church.

...You remember when a Lynx bus looked more like a rolling billboard.

...You can hum the Premiere Adult Factory Outlet Jingle on request.

...Your idea of mass transit is the Disney monorail.

...You have "bumped into" Tiger Woods at Blue Martini.

...You turn the heat on in your house as the temperature dips below 65.

...You consider a weekend at a Disney hotel a vacation.

...Your air conditioning bill is higher than the annual budget for most small countries.

...You've slept through Illuminations because you tried to drink your way around the World's Showcase at EPCOT.

...You know the meaning of OBT, and don't drive down it after 5pm.

...You prefer to go to Animal Kingdom or Sea World instead of a zoo/aquarium.

...You thought your neighborhood got bombed but then it turned out to be the Shuttle landing.

...You still call Amway Arena the O-rena, and wish they would just name the new place that officially (hey it's better than Amway).

...You can recite the entire recording from the Monorail & the Tram at the Airport; in English and Spanish.

...You remember back when UCF only had 30,000 students, in 2000.

and finally...

...You remember when (insert newest development) was just an orange grove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 07:52 AM

114 posts, read 306,384 times
Awesome thread.

I can't wait to see more replies.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:31 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
...You haven't paid for Disney tickets in years because you know enough people who work there to get you in free.
Negative

...While driving, you wear sunglasses if it's raining because you can see better .
I never wear sunglasses

...You think every city has perfectly landscaped highway medians that could be featured in Home and Garden Magazine.
Well obviously.

Universal truth right here

Ah I remember back in the good ol' days we didn't have no Gay Rd. We had the Winter Park Mall. It was a Dillards attached to an empty building.

...Only you are aloud to call it "O-town", and anyone else who does will get smacked.
I could really care less if others call it O-Town

...You remember when Church Street was know for Terror & Rosie's not Antigua, Latitudes, Chillers, and Makos.
Don't forget the magic store on the first floor and the arcade upstairs.

...You have sat next to Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, or any other Backstreet Boy at church.
Does Double Dare host Marc Summers at a restaurant count?

Forget that, I remember when I never saw Lynx because their service was so bad.

Premier adult factory outlet, we'll take you where you want to be.

Don't forget the Airport monorail

Nope but I've bumped into the entire Orlando Magic at Kobe's or maybe it was Kyoto's - can't remember.

Yes

For those prices you better believe its a vacation!

...Your air conditioning bill is higher than the annual budget for most small countries.
Probably

...You've slept through Illuminations because you tried to drink your way around the World's Showcase at EPCOT.
Never been to EPCOT over the legal drinking age....

I'll drive down it after 5pm but for all the wrong reasons.

If I were rich I would.

...You thought your neighborhood got bombed but then it turned out to be the Shuttle landing.
Not really I always knew it was the shuttle

...You still call Amway Arena the O-rena, and wish they would just name the new place that officially (hey it's better than Amway).
My thought process: Going to the O-Rena... er I mean TD Waterhouse, er no wait what the hell is called it starts with an A. You know where the magic play, the O-Rena.

...You can recite the entire recording from the Monorail & the Tram at the Airport; in English and Spanish.
Nah but if its not obvious I don't spend much time in the theme parks.

Yep

and finally...

I can't believe East Lake Drive between Casselberry and Winter Springs got paved and pretty well developed in the last 3 years while I was overseas. Was a dirt road that would just dead end, now it connects all the way to Dog Track. Pretty convenient actually.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:41 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
If you didn't buy from appliance direct.......than you paid too much!

If you graduated at either the Orena or UCF arena.

You tell people to take I-4 eastbound to go North and westbound to go South.

You have ever worked at the themeparks as one of your first summer jobs.

You got mad because you didn't ride attendant or life guard for that summer, instead you got food and beverage or something that required alot of sweating in the FL sun.

You have woken early so you can get into Rock Springs before it gets to capacity.

You got really mad because it filled up so you settled for Wekiva Springs instead.

You remember Shaq driving around the Superman suburban.

You have ever celebrated a birthday or some family event at Kobe Steakhouse.

You got kicked out of downtown as a teen during the Glenda Hood curfew days.

You remember every rave/techno/trance has been to Firestone at one time or another.

You know that UCF really stands for U Can't Finnish!

You have referred to Orlando as Jamlando.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:50 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
If you're sick of Morgan & Morgan "For the people" and Bob Dance "Where everybody rides" and David Maus 'We'll do what it takes" ....

Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
If you didn't buy from appliance direct.......than you paid too much!

If you graduated at either the Orena or UCF arena.

You tell people to take I-4 eastbound to go North and westbound to go South.

You have ever worked at the themeparks as one of your first summer jobs.

You got mad because you didn't ride attendant or life guard for that summer, instead you got food and beverage or something that required alot of sweating in the FL sun.

You have woken early so you can get into Rock Springs before it gets to capacity.

You got really mad because it filled up so you settled for Wekiva Springs instead.

You remember Shaq driving around the Superman suburban.

You have ever celebrated a birthday or some family event at Kobe Steakhouse.

You got kicked out of downtown as a teen during the Glenda Hood curfew days.

You remember every rave/techno/trance has been to Firestone at one time or another.

You know that UCF really stands for U Can't Finnish!

You have referred to Orlando as Jamlando.
Awesome. I think everyone of these applies to me. Could you pass the whit sauce please.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM

335 posts, read 1,311,147 times
You think the tourists are nuts for going into 70 degree water at the beach.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:29 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
You can correctly pronounce Kissimmee, Econlockhatchee, McCulluch, and Hiawassee

When you meet someone from out of town and they ask if you go to Disney every weekend.

You pick publix subs over subway or any other sub chain (applies to all of Florida)

You have had big 3ft+ tall grey birds walking around your lawn and it's no big deal.

If it was ever overcast stormy and warm when you went inside a building but when you got out an hour later it was clear sunny skys, dry, windy, and about 10-20 degrees colder. (Cold front)

If you have a puerto rican neighbor/friend who knocks at your door to give you delicious puerto rican dishes that they made

If everyone you see looks like they're dressed for a blizard when ever it gets below 59.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
When you know all the names for the various state roads.
When you can get to and from Park Ave without getting lost.
When you think Orange County is Orlando, Winter Park, and Maitland.
When you know who the Solar Bears are.

And the true number 1 why, you know you're an Orlando Floridian....
When everyone on City-Data hates you for unjustified reasons from that one weekend they spent at Disney.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 PM

184 posts, read 438,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Posted this on the Florida forum and thought it might go over better here, where everyone is a bit more familiar with the area. Some of these are my personal experiences, and some I got from others. Hope you enjoy:

and finally...

I love this! So true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando