Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:16 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times

Advertisements

With gas prices being what they are, how can anyone afford to work at Disney; especially if you live in the north part of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 PM

3 posts, read 14,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
I totally believe in your decade experience with Disney, Cinderella. Have neighbors who are retired that work there part-time, but enjoy it. I would NEVER work for them since their pay is pittance & have heard stories from other's that it is a true LA/LA experience & must stand-up straight with a smile or else. Great choice you finally blew that place and hopefully you have found peace with another company.
Thanks...I really mean that. After posting what I had to say, I realized that the experience was actually helpful. Before I went to Disney, I thought the only way I could be a successful artist was to have the Disney name behind my work. Because of my experiences, I am now much stronger. Never again will I let anyone control me in that manner. I can now stand on my own, and produce art that will remain part of my heart and soul.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,993 times
Default Other hiring questions...

Can you tell me what all is involved in the hiring process? I am going to school to become a diesel mechanic, so I can apply at Disney World to be a bus mechanic. My goal is to be working for Disney World by 2013, after I have graduate, worked for the three year minimum, and all certifications required. I work at a theme park in my own state and went through the background check & credit check, drug tests, etc. Of course I passed, since I was hired. My biggest worry is my credit, which stinks!!! Will Disney hire me with bad credit???? Of course I'm working on making it better, but that will take a very long time. Do they view bad credit differently than a bankruptcy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
I worked for Disney as an Executive Secretary for the upper management people and they consisted of two types:
1 - people who have been with the company for decades
2 - people with amazing work histories and degrees.

It is my experience that only those who have worked for the company for years are able to get the management jobs without college degrees. But why not look into it further?? Have you called the job hotline? Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
I never understood why your credit would matter when applying for a job. If you have been out of work for a while due to a layoff, of course your credit may be less than perfect.

Just because you have bad credit, that doesn't make you a bad worker.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,846 times
Default I have an interview

Hi CMJ,

I have an interview next week in NY and I wondered what the interview process was. I'm applying for an HR job. Do they panel interviews or are there one after another and so on and so on. Also could you please tell me the background check and reference procedures?

I've always wanted to work for Disney and I'd love as much info as possible like Benefits and perks.

I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
I worked for Disney as an Executive Secretary for the upper management people and they consisted of two types:
1 - people who have been with the company for decades
2 - people with amazing work histories and degrees.

It is my experience that only those who have worked for the company for years are able to get the management jobs without college degrees. But why not look into it further?? Have you called the job hotline? Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 PM

78 posts, read 259,382 times
Default Hello from Kissimmee Lady Here

Why is it hard for me to get a p/t job, I'm in my 50's and it seems that companies want to hire the very young....whats wrong with us older people??? Are we diseased? Or really are from another planet???

Old 01-16-2010, 08:51 AM

606 posts, read 1,234,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissimmee lady View Post
Why is it hard for me to get a p/t job, I'm in my 50's and it seems that companies want to hire the very young....whats wrong with us older people??? Are we diseased? Or really are from another planet???
I am so sorry that this has happened to you [hug]. You want to know my opinion....OFFICE POLITICS This is why I left. The young gals in their early twenties who are very hip seem to get the favortism by the straight male managment, from my experience.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,561 times
I've heard people with felonies work at Disney as will is this true

Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 PM

5 posts, read 7,223 times
Default disney jobs

hi i applied for A JOB ANY JOB at disney,,,i waited for a phone call never got one,so i called their casting line and spoke with someone, she informed me unless i lived in orlando area they are not hiring out of state i think thats unfair!! can anyone help !!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton31 View Post
I've heard people with felonies work at Disney as will is this true
I would like to know the answer to this as well? Anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando