Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 13,756 times

Advertisements

I am moving my family to the orlando area, from the UK, so have no idea about the property market in the US, my wife and I have two young girls one of which is school age and have approx $2,000 to spend on rent pcm, any recommendations on areas with good schools and nice communities. Preferably between Orlando (easy access to International airport) and Tampa, where I will be based with work?

Also I am getting confused about property taxes, I assumed I would be liable to pay these but have just been told that as a long term rental I would not be responsible, is this true?

Any and all advice about the Orlando/Tampa area will be appreciated, as I said we will be new to the area/country.

Thanks again,
Dean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 PM

13 posts, read 65,600 times
If you are planning on renting you don't have to worry about any type of property tax you leave that to the landlord but if you ever decide to buy then get ready for the property tax, home insurance and who knows what else would the local government gives you.
For under $2K you can find a nice home with good schools I myself planning to move in that area so my advice do a lot of research and try to look for A or B schools., good luck.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,157,774 times
Lakeland is right inbetween Tampa and Orlando. It is a little cheaper to live there than in either of those cities, and it's a nice small city.

Leases can be structured a variety of different ways. Some leases, usually longer term (over 1 year), can make you responsible for taxes and insurance, and even repairs. These are called "tripple net" lease. These leases protect the Landlord from losing his butt if taxes go way up, something he has no control over.

But, most 1 year leases factor tax and insurance into the rental amount. That's because its easy enough to adjust on a yearly basis. Almost all leases will make you responsible for electric, water, cable, sewer, and gas if applicable. Sometimes they include lawn maintenance, other times they don't. You can figure that if you don't do your own lawn, it will cost you roughly $80/month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: